back end of a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

hello ,we have just taken possesion of a six month old stimsons all is well . It has not yet eaten but we are in contact with the breeders & they seem to think we are doing ok , ?? how often do they poo ? ,if they eat once a week ish . My daughter has already received one package in the hand

rodney

One package in the hand?

Pooing depends on the amount that they eat, and also on the snake itself. It changes. If you feed them weekly, you can assume you'll get at least one poo a week.

What do you mean it hasn't eaten? Since you've had it? What are the enclosure temperatures?

we only got it on sunday , it was fed friday night , we have a day temp of 31-32 night temp of 27-28.5

You should leave it alone for another week or so. You don't have to, but it is recommended. Temperatures sound fine, and it'll poo very soon. Another good reason for not handling it ;)

thanks ,note ,nice pic was it taken on the bonnet /roof of your car?

my snake poos about 3 days after eating, you shouldn't feed again until it has defacated. Once a week is fine but maybe try looking up a thread by hazzard regarding a study on feeding 30% of its body weight a week versus 10 % a week. Its good to weigh your snake regularly and keep notes of dates for feed, poop, shed etc

I would completely agree with what cracksinthepitch said, except that the snake is 6 months old. Feeding a younger snake is better, in my opinion, as it gives their immune system a jump and lets them get to a bigger size faster. Feeding once a week is fine, but I would decrease it down to once every 10-14 days after it's a year old.

yeh .! fluffy ate its first meal on sunday night [it was very exiting to watch for the whole family]
and did a poo this morning , so i guess were doing ok .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back