Backgrounds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your making more can you do a step by step post of it cause they look really good.

They are pretty easy to make. Shape some foam add tile grout, paint and seal with pond tite. Not to difficult as long as you can deal with the mess of the foam. Im making some more so ill keep you posted. There is good instruction on www.dramaticaquascapes.com.
Cheers
That is exactly what I am experimenting with now. What kind of paint do you use for the rocky effect? I have tried ocre tint but its too creamy in the end so I stuck sand on top but it isn't very permanent. I have a pic but as I said it wasn't the desired effect. I am still experimenting.
164529_494621389882_764769882_5766675_7455400_n.jpg

Any tips would be appreciated.

All my 'foam rocks' get covered with either Tile grout, cement or acrylic render, i use oxides in the mix to give a base colour then 'drybrush' highlights onto it.

That is tile grout and red dessert sand. Thanks for the painting tips.

i normally do 3 - 4 coats depending on the project. each coat gets a little thicker in texture and the tint a little lighter, the 3rd and 4th coats are not full cover coats, more just to add strength to surfaces that can be abused, if you miss patches the previous colour shows through which helps avoid the solid colour that most people seem to get.

Sorry this might be a stupid question, but there is no problem with the heating in the tank and the foam?? do you have to have the heat light and mats away from it??

Guys and girls, Ill be doing another background for my new ackies. Ill do my absolute best to keep you posted with a new thread. The timber is being delivered on Thurs\Friday from Mr Ply and Wood Penrith. Once its built ill get it all step by step process of the background and where and how much the products cost. Hope it will be help full.
Cheers

nice stuff mate, you go alright for an amateur. lol

Wow! They are awesome. Would like to try them myself, but I'd get nowhere near as good a result, probably turn out a mess. You could earn heaps.

That is some fantastic work mate! I have been searching for a theme or design for my terrarium and I believe you first picture has done lead the way. Thanks heaps!!

Mate, all I can say is... Awesome and how's mine coming along ... LOL

you gotta share how you did that, I've thought of buying a background but what you created was just fantastic and inspirational.

seriously it would help a lot of people and make for alot of interesting encosures

so please share your knowlege..... and help those that are seeking guidance ?

Amazing!! I would love to try my hand at one but I don't have much time on my hands unfortunately :(!
Brilliant work! I am currently setting up a display enclosure and would love to have something like that in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back