Bad drivers! *Newspaper swat*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a 16yr old car, so have no care if my car gets hit, or i hit someone, so I will tail gate the hell out if someone.
you may not care about getting hit or hitting someone but have a little consideration for others imagine if you hit a 70 year old man and he then had a heart attack from the shock think about it hey

Queensland drivers coming to Darwin, guess what, we have no formula one here and if
you tailgate us we will slam the brakes on so we can meet you.

(I know thats prejudice but I mean it)

LMAO Darlyn: I just got a mental image which is summed up basically like this...

*screech - BANG*
"Why, hello there!"

you may not care about getting hit or hitting someone but have a little consideration for others imagine if you hit a 70 year old man and he then had a heart attack from the shock think about it hey

This is almost what happened to me! I was driving around in a car park, two cars in front of me, the first car stopped to wait for someone to pull out of a car park, meanwhile the car in front of me decided to back up instead of waiting and backed right into me! I was pissed and got out ready to scream, until I saw the little old ladies face! I walked up and out my arm around her and asked if she was ok, she couldn't stop apologizing and then when I said she needed to move her car forward so we could see the damage she was so hesitant to get back in her car. Luckily there was no damage and after making sure she was alright we got back in our car and had a chuckle.

I must say, I got my license in Melbourne and moved to Queensland a few years later. Queenslanders are the worst drivers on the planet.

NightHawk I was reading your original post thinking damn she must be from SA and then I checked lol.

I ride a Motorbike just about everywhere I go and I must say that at least once a week some stupid prick that is either blind or just plain doesn't give a **** about bike riders tries to kill me. I have found over the years that if I wanna safely make it home to my wife and family I have to trear every other road user as if they are out to kill me.

I was taught by a generic driving school, got my P's, reconnected with my father and he re-taught me how to drive. I didn't realize there was so much that my instructor had left out, and how ill prepared I was if something DID happen. I wasn't taught about Aquaplaning, how to handle a car with a blow out, how to prevent rolling... nothing... He also taught me to assume everyone is an idiot, and even though YOU might be paying attention, doesn't mean they are.

My latest run in with bad drivers was in a car park. Old guy opened his car door SMACK BANG into my driver's side door. My car's a PoS, and his was brand new, but there was no apology, just looked at me and shrugged. No paint damage (it buffed out with some TLC). Rude prick had parked in a employee car space too. Quick call to centre management who then had his car towed.

I must say, I got my license in Melbourne and moved to Queensland a few years later. Queenslanders are the worst drivers on the planet.

Every state thinks out-of-state drivers are the worst.

Last edited:
Yea, L-platers on the highway, in school holidays/long weekends, in a huge 4 wheel drive they cant even see out of, at night, in the rain (bucketing down) :rolleyes: The owner/teacher/parent should get thier butt kicked! What is an L plater going to learn in this scenario? How to get abused! How to cause an accident. I always hope they have a bingle (with no one getting hurt) imagine the owner trying to explain to his insurance company why someone under 25 was driving such an expensive vehicle in such rediculous circumstances :twisted:

NightHawk I was reading your original post thinking damn she must be from SA and then I checked lol.

I ride a Motorbike just about everywhere I go and I must say that at least once a week some stupid prick that is either blind or just plain doesn't give a **** about bike riders tries to kill me. I have found over the years that if I wanna safely make it home to my wife and family I have to trear every other road user as if they are out to kill me.

I must admit I really feel for bikers. I don't own one myself (not through lack of trying, I'd love to get my license one day, soon my precious :p) but it was bad enough in NZ, then I moved here... the amount of people I've seen driving practically on top of bikes like they're not even there is awful. Sometimes I'll push the occasional car behind me on overtaking lanes just to get behind the bike and make some space ;)
It's bloody dangerous, particularly with inexperienced riders. You can just see the wobbles starting up with nerves :(

I was taught by a generic driving school, got my P's, reconnected with my father and he re-taught me how to drive. I didn't realize there was so much that my instructor had left out, and how ill prepared I was if something DID happen. I wasn't taught about Aquaplaning, how to handle a car with a blow out, how to prevent rolling... nothing... He also taught me to assume everyone is an idiot, and even though YOU might be paying attention, doesn't mean they are.

I didn't get my L's until I was about 25; I grew up in a small town where anywhere I had to drive a cab only cost $5, so there wasn't really a super pressing need and I was slack. I did 'drive' on occasion, and I shudder to think how now, but when I was over here my FIL pushed me to get a license, buy a car, and made me drive EVERYWHERE, and because we worked together on a farm and lived next door to each other I mean everywhere. He taught me very well, I only got a few lessons and then passed my VORT with only a two point knockoff on parallel parking (which I'd done perfectly every time in the lessons... go figure?).
I'm glad he pushed me the way he did, it meant I was driving at all hours, in any weather, in any situation. The farm was on clay, so there were a few times I didn't just go sideways in my little brown Holden, but round in circles :p I freaked the first time but afterwards I'd be sitting there going "Wheeee!" LMAO

Last edited:
Ever have those days where there seem to be way too many terrible drivers planted in front of you for it to be coincidence? I was having one of those yesterday; it was so bad I was starting to have paranoid fantasies of random people radioing each other and coordinating their moves... ("She's turning up the main street now, number five get in front and slow down to 30 under the limit, there's a nice thick line of traffic heading the other way and she won't be able to get past for at least 10 k, over."..."Copy that number four, over!"...)
There were no less than two going 50 on 80 stretches, several random instant indicators who just don't seem to realise there may possibly be drivers in the other lane, park-darters and procrastinators, road works (oh the road works... do you think that sometimes, when there's no work on, some council workers decide to just set up cones and dig an unnecessary hole just to look busy? I was wondering that in the twenty minutes I was stopped for the tiny little hole in the middle of one lane...), and one woman who floated out of a servo on the wings of a dream right in front of me. I was plagued I tell you... plagued!
So how about you guys? What fun drivers have you encountered lately?

Bwahaha, I thought I was the only one who wondered that! Like they side up together andco-ordinate doing 30 under specifically so I can't get past! Newspaper swat alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back