BAD EYES and SKIN

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJtorana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day people, my Diamond has had cloudy eye's and dry looking skin for about a month now, and just recently he's eye's have gone really pale and not quite even see threw. I'm really worried, and i'm about to take him to the vet, any suggestions before I do ?

Wait a day or so before resorting to the damp pillow case. Provide a large rock or log for the snake to rub against and it will do the rest. Just make sure all the shed comes off - rubbing with a warm damp cloth will do the trick.

thanks for the reply, i has shed for me a few times before, hes abot 6ft now. but this time he's eye's are a whitey colour, and he's skin is only dry in a few large spots. he's never looked like this before?

........ has had cloudy eye's and dry looking skin for about a month now, and just recently he's eye's have gone really pale and not quite even see threw. .....?

that is a long time for a snake to be in shed mode. Try up the humidity in the tank which could help if he's having trouble shedding, but you said his eyes been cloudy and skin dry for a month. I'd be going to see a vet. Make sure you pick a vet who knows reptiles or you'll get no where and waste your money.

I'm only a novice when it comes to shedding issues but my spotted recently took close to 3 weeks between when i first noticed it was going a dull cloudy colour to the actual shed. Give it a few days, then take it to a vet

My diamond had a similar thing happen a few months ago. I took him to the vet and was told that he had retained skin from past sheds. I was advised to increase humidity in his enclosure and soak him in warm water (about 30*) for half and hour to an hour at a time. About 3 times a week, this worked wonders. Hope this helps, might be worth checking with a vet.:D

How did your diamond go? Did he shed? And how did the skin look?

Just watch your temperatures with diamonds. They don't like high heat or humidity. Temps gradient of around 26c down to 18c at cool end is considered ideal but increasing the humidty to assist with shedding shouldn't be a probem so long as it isn't up all the time. Misting the snake with water often helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back