Bali snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rache

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Held this awesome little fellow in Bali about 6 months ago... wanted to take him home. Does anyone know what breed he is?

Cheers
Rache

Attachments

• DSCF1303.jpg
    DSCF1303.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 481
not really up on exotic id`s but its a real beauty, youre very lucky

He was a lovely snake, I wanted to smuggle him home as the guy just used him to make some money off tourists (which he reluctantly got off me, after much debate).

Yes, it's a Reticulated Python, my favourite python species in fact.

(the longest python in the world!!!) its beautiful!

retic! i just saw them at toronga zoo a few days ago at my school excursion.

Sweet as... he must be a small one then? He was so nice and placid. Not like the ones that tried to eat J Lo and Ice T.....

Island Retics inc those on Bali, are reported to be a dwarf species. Bali also has Burmese Pythons, found at the western side of the Island.

Nice retic!

I have a Bali retic. Called a Bali yellowhead retic, but his head has faded from yellow as a juvie to more like a normal as an adult. Raised him from a c.b. baby to a 12-foot heavy adult so far.

You'd have quite the handful with one of those!

Bill

Wow how pretty :D

Thought I'd post a pic of one i held in Bali last year (excuse the scribble, it was a REALLY bad photo haha)...

Check this guy out :) He was VERY heavy

Attachments

• scriblle.jpg
    scriblle.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Nice retic!

I have a Bali retic. Called a Bali yellowhead retic, but his head has faded from yellow as a juvie to more like a normal as an adult. Raised him from a c.b. baby to a 12-foot heavy adult so far.

You'd have quite the handful with one of those!

Bill

Sorry double post, but I am SO jealous. Usually I'm all about native species (kinda have to be, living in Perth). But retics and burmese pythons... well I would do anything to own one :D

Might be the same Retic.? that python is huuuuge...
Nice pictures Rache n MManne..
(how safe isit to go to Bali now.??)

Beautiful Balis

I agree with you all that they are beautiful snakes.
viaaf-albums-my-animals-picture6145-same-bali-retic-in-11apr08-she-was-an-adult-when-i-got-her-but-still-had-some-growing-to-do-kept-in-a-6-cage-you-see-about-3-4-of-the-cage-back-wall-here-they-are-a-small-retic-but-that-is-in-retic-terms-i-have-heard-several-reliable-stories-about-15-bali-females.jpg

Their temperment is usually pretty touchy, I wish mine was as calm as those seem to be!
viaaf-albums-my-animals-picture6144-female-bali-retic-i-got-her-in-2001-this-pic-is-from-2006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back