Balsa Wood & Glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
silicon is what you are after nad firedragon has given you the meathod

double sided tape although good luck getting the centipede off the tape
DO NOT.....use any kind of tape with herps or insects !!! ESP duct tape !!!

they will get stuck to it .....its not a question of if....just when !!! and you'll be very lucky to remove it without damaging the herp or killing the insect !
I had customers that used duct tape to hold heatmatts down & i remember 1 guy had to have the snake put down it was so bad!

Silicone sealer will be perfect for sticking balsa wood to glass, ive used it to stick cork to glass & it does the job very well.
The clear one or black is best to use (unless you prefer a different colour) but if its going to be used with water you must use the specific aquatic one, as the standard one usually has a fungicide in it that can leech out & kill aquatic life.

why are you using balsa though ? its a very soft wood !

MDF is crap aswell, it soaks up water like a sponge & expands & you should wear a face mask when cutting it so you dont breath in the dust !!

Last edited:
i might have missed it but what are you attaching the wood for? in my opinion silicon works on everything and it has a bit of elasticity so it wont break the wood off of the glass and silicon should stick to glass. Liquid nails and hot glue both dry hard so it will make the wood break off easier so i suggest silicon but i am no sticking wood to glass expert lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back