Bamboo chandelier.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Katana-

Reaction score
Bear with me folks I'm trying to hash out a few ideas to house snakes....

It started with looking at my ceilings..(the way you do).;) I've got 12 ft ceilings and I was thinking about all that wasted space (esp. when you a 5 foot nothing midget)...and then I thought about utilizing it in someway for larger species of snakes that I want to own in the future..(the way you do).

Does anyone use some sort of frame suspended from the ceiling for their snakes to climb/rest on.
I was thinking of a rigid grid made of thick bamboo and suspended from the ceiling with ropes and pulleys which would aid in lowering it enough to remove or place the snake on it and to lift it up out of the way towards the ceiling.
The thoughts then went on to expand upon on the idea with getting a sparky to hard wire a heat panel into the ceiling above the grid with the controls next to the light switches.

Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome.

Last edited:
you'd have to put a tarp down so it doesnt crap on the carpet

Thought of that...I was thinking of ripping up the god awful 70's pattern carpet and getting tiles laid.mmm....might need a grout sealer.....hahahha..if the snakes crapped on this carpet you'd be hard pressed to tell besides the smell and the icky squishing between your toes.

What if the snake fell. From that height it could do some serious damage.

And you would have to think about how you're going to get them down, especially if they decide they don't want to.

Unless you use a proper enclosure, you snake will end up on the floor one way or the other. Also, how would you provide the snake with water, shelter, etc.? Feeding from a ladder would be fun too. LOL

You can buy these enclosures from HerpTrader (less the aluminium frame), it can be hang vertically or horizontally.

View attachment 206075

Last edited:
Akwendi:

"I was thinking of a rigid grid made of thick bamboo and suspended from the ceiling with ropes and pulleys which would aid in lowering it enough to remove or place the snake on it and to lift it up out of the way towards the ceiling."

Mmmmm.

Maybe a water bowl attached to the frame along with some artificial greenery in case it's feeling a little shy.

I can see what you are getting at WR...I can. Maybe as more of a while I'm at home/under supervision kind of thing rather than a permanent home.
It'd be nice to have them out rather than constantly in their enclosures.

Last edited:
they do really need to be in an enclosure of some kind as no mater the size of the snake or the height of your ceiling when it wants to get down it will just drop and if your not there at the time it will free range the house and cause all sorts of trouble especially if its a large snake

actually what am i saying!
having a scruby suspended above the doorway while your mates come over would provide hours of entertainment

Last edited:
they do really need to be in an enclosure of some kind as no mater the size of the snake or the height of your ceiling when it wants to get down it will just drop and if your not there at the time it will free range the house and cause all sorts of trouble especially if its a large snake

actually what am i saying!
having a scruby suspended above the doorway while your mates come over would provide hours of entertainment

Get out! Get outta my head!:lol::lol::lol:

...actually I imagine a huge scrubby hanging over the front door might freak out any potential thieves...or result in not having to feed "fluffy" the scrubby for a few months.:evil:

Sorry Akwendi, I missed that part somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back