Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he is coming to my front yard where all the magical bardicks and geckos live, you wanna come over and ill show you my tin spot

Went out Tuesday night and found one myself.

Echiopsiscurta.jpg

Also found something else special in Vic

IMG_8548.jpg

Plus a DOR Western Blue Tongue
Ads

Where abouts around Flinders St Station do you find them?

Wow, I've never seen one of those Lacey Sandy crosses in Victoria before. I don't know why, but it's so exciting seeing a new species in Victoria, even if you've already seen it elsewhere. Great picture! :) Have you seen many Rosenberg's out there?

Thats a cracking heathy pic... nice looking animal to boot..... they are just your common garden variety monitors around here though ;) lol

Thats a cracking heathy pic... nice looking animal to boot..... they are just your common garden variety monitors around here though ;) lol

You can go to Kangaroo Island and see about a million of them in one day, but even after that it's still very exciting to see one in Victoria (or in my case, would be :lol: ).

Great pics Sdaji.

Woop woop for our herping trip over xmas ........ im feeling lucky this time !

So you're coming then? Don't get your hopes up, night temps are crap.

Went out Tuesday night and found one myself.

Didn't take you long to show off ;) Cracking pics, especially the goanna :)

Hey Jordo.....I got an abusive text message on the way back.....mind you I did leave a message earlier in the week in the same tone!!!!

Ads, Well done mate, nice pics even if they were taken with a Canon

Cheers,

Hey Jordo.....I got an abusive text message on the way back.....mind you I did leave a message earlier in the week in the same tone!!!!

Lol, I'm still shattered they didn't pick me up on the way, but fair enough they wouldn't have had time to...

The night temps are 14 and 15 the nights we are going. Day temps are up to 32! Early evening should be fine?

Jordo what time are we leaving tomoro? cos i have been told 2 diff times and i need to spend time with the family.

[auote]The older Victorian herpers will all be familiar with this snake[/quote]

I assume that Bardicks have declined in Vic in recent years? Does anyone know why? I thought that they might be uncommon in Vic due to it being marginal habitat on the eastern periphery of their range. I can't imagine that grazing pressure has increased much in recent decades. More frequent droughts?

Regards,
David

Bardicks are great. You can find plenty of them on the south coast of WA. They behave like little death adders, but with those beautiful golden eyes, and of course, the bonus side-winding and hyper-aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back