BB SandSwimmers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have just made a new purchase, 2 x Broad Banded Sand Swimmers, they are awesome. i picked them up for a great price too! but it came with a cost at that was havign to drive 4 hours to pick them up and then 4 hours back home again, in the end it was worth it. Wasn't really much of a bad drive as im used to sitting in cars for ages. Anyway, they are un-sexed and they are a 3y/o adult pair. They came with 5 x Eastern Bearded Dragon Hatchlings too.. The guy was really nice and helpfull, he also showed me around his whole collection. Pics up soon of the Enclosure and possibly the Sandies aswell if i can catch a glimpse.

Enclosure and EBD's the Enclosure is 3ftx1.5ft . Sorry, couldn't get pics of SandSwimmers, they where too busy swimming.

Attachments

• EBD Hatchy1.jpg
    EBD Hatchy1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 90
  • EBD Hatchy.jpg
    EBD Hatchy.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 77
  • SandSwim Enc 2.jpg
    SandSwim Enc 2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 96
  • SandSwim Enc1.jpg
    SandSwim Enc1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 93
They are interesting to watch.Could of got some within walking distance of where you are.Pretty sure Jason L still has some.

Yeah, he sure does! Im after Adults so that i can breed them next year.

hard to breed if you don't know what sex they are ;), bring them over if you wish and I'll see if I can tell you. They usually breed at 12 months, so if they are 3yo, I would hazzard to guess they are the same sex.

Yeah, i dont expect them to be a breeding pair of different sexes. I was thinking more along the lines of 2 Females as they are not fighting and haven't for the last 3 years. Which is great now all i need to do is keep buying 1 by one, putting them in and see how they go till i get 1 male.

two males can live together fine, or kill each other, 2 females can live together fine or kill each other, sexed pairs can also kill each other, nothing is certain with SS.

Lol Im still searching for maybe a pair, But i think it would be easier to get my little guy sexed then look for a mate lol

just remember their is no certainty of putting males with females without problems, I have had females kill males when introduced, it's not uncommon. Your best bet for breeding swimmers is to raise groups up together as hatchies and seperate them into pairs as they get aggressive, then when one starts laying eggs never seperate them, once they get one, they will always get on.

Hmm Its just me being a bit pessimistic about spending $250+ on 4 and then if need to be having to sell ones with missing toes etc :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back