Bearded Dragon Enclosure Help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausreptiles101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently i've been looking into buying a new enclosure for my adult Bearded Dragon. I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions regarding good brands and enclosures you've had success with. At the moment he is in a 90cm (length), 45cm (depth) and 90cm (height) enclosure and I would prefer an enclosure that is longer such as 4ft by 2ft by 2ft or 120cm by 60cm by 60cm. Any help will be much appreciated.

-Ausreptiles101

Could you build your own? Much more satisfying and that way you don't have to search around for something that fits what you want, and can customize it in any way.

That is very true but i'm not exactly gods gift with creating things, certainly nothing to the standard of a decent reptile enclosure.

Don't need to be good at building things. I absolutely suck at building things and designing things but I converted a tv unit the other month. Took me about 3 months to build it but it turned out well. Just took my time. Its not as hard as it seems. Just bit of time consuming if you don't know what your doing. (I made lots of mistakes hahaha) This is my build.

I know its not what your after but it might give you some ideas of building one. It is definitely worth giving it a go. Who knows what you might create.

Last edited:
Ebay has 1200x500x500mm enclosures for $240 + shipping from qld, pretty good price if you cant build your own. Same thing in most reptile stores are $400 odd i reckon.

Rick

Bah most if not all home built enclosures look crappy anyway.

This is due to fact most people screw them, if you were to only clamp and glue them you could come out with a better looking enclosure.

Its the inside that counts at the end of the day, i just build a new enclosure for some monitors.
ymuvemyr.jpg
aratesu2.jpg

The background cost around $25 to do :)

Rick

Have u seen most home built enclosures? :rolleyes:

Seen a few, people have pictures of them on Aussie Pythons and you always see them for sale on gumtree. I just don't think they look very nice is all, you may like them that's cool.
Some people get a lot of pleasure building something whether it looks good or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back