Bearded dragon Help? PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can infact, but i wont hijack the thread :p

DoLittle pretty much said it all.
The only thing with the chinese takeaway tubs, is that he is always going to try and get out of it.
Just put him in a troff or a bath.
Baths work great, once my guy was impacted and i actualy had him in my bath which is slopped, like most id imagine.
Got a portable reading lamp and adjusted into the bath.
Added a small rock under the lamp and all was well.
Pretty much i made sure the water covered the entire floor apart from the basking area.
I stayed in there with him for 2 hours.
Id get the basking spot to about 45c aswell..

Goodluck :)

How did you get the basking spot to 45? just lowering the light as close to the rock without it burning them?

Zoojas water bath is a must, I usually tell people to use a chinese takeaway container with 2cm lukewarm water in it, half under the heat lamp so it doesn't go cold, and let him soak for 30-40minutes, let him dry for an hour, then do it again. The idea is to reduce pressure on the body so the gut can relax and let go.
i never said it wasnt ? i was the one who said to give it a warm water bath ;)

zoojas advice just may have saved his life he did a massive turd! was the crickets now i know not to feed him the bigger ones out of the containers i buy! :)

The basking spot is around 32 degress while the other side is aroyund 20 - 22.

He isnt eating any for the past 2 days... :(

And i dont think there is a lump. He just seems to be very weak he usually eats lettuce and vegies out of my hand but is refusing to eat them now.. :( he usually eats 2 crickets a day but recently i brought small crickets from the shop and one looked like it was a medium cricket and he ate it without me having a chance to get him out. :( maybe that could be why?

lettuce is a big no no especially iceberg its known to act as a laxative to them! so this could possibly have your dragon not fully hydrated because of this

keep your basking spot around 40, warm end around 32ish and cooler end with atleast a few degrees gradient

something like this should of went to the vet imediantly incase of possibiltity of long term nerve damage or something worse lucky this time round the blockage cleared it self,

vet possibily could of gave him something to clear the blockage ie. parafin wax etc eac vet is obviously different with what they use

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back