Bearded Dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey i am going to breed my bearded dragons for the first time and can oneone give me any tips (about the incubating especially) please...
cheers

as you may know, bearded dragons are solitary animals and do better seperated.. male/male and male/female pairs ESPECIALLY..

if you are going to breed i suggest gettign your incubator set up well before the eggs. and the hatchling cages well before the expected hatch date.. you can make your (of which im not sure how to) or buy one.. there are cheap ones here.. http://turtletownsydney.tripod.com/incubators.htm

if you wish to breed i suggest keeping them seperate (as he will constantly breed rising stress levels which will onyl raise others) and one breeding will give her 3-4 clutches that season, as they can hold sperm..

you only need to put them together for a few minuets under your supervision, say in the lounge room. and then tack them back to there seperat cages, leavign her with him.. is unnecessary and too many problems can arrise.. it only takes a few minuets, and watch for anything too voilent, the matings can be pretty violent..

hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back