beardie behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclar55

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 central bearded dragons aged 4-5 months. I am pretty certain they are male and female. Today i went to get the female out to give her a run around my desk and the male started acting strange. His beard went black, he started bobbing his head and franticly trying to get out. as soon as i put the female back in the cage he ran over to her jumped on her back and started biting the back of her head (but not aggressively). Is he becoming territorial over her.
Also what is the average amount of crickets they should be eating a day because between them they are getting through 500 in 2 weeks.

Mine are the same age and are doing exactly the same thing. When I let them for a run around they bite and wrestle. Nothing vicious, more like playing. In their enclosure they are fine. I lifted their tails and now I'm pretty certain they are both males. I thought they were male/female. I'll keep an eye on this thread as I want more info too.

Mine go through 800 medium crickets in 10 days. I have just switched to woodies. They love them. They are supposedly more nutritious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back