beardie.. crickets to big??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMES.w

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well my beardie is about 2 1/2 months old and around 20 cm or just over from snout to tail. i usually get him the medium sized crickets, but when i went to shop to buy him some crickets 2 days ago the crickets had been in the shop of so long that the medium crickets were looking alot more like large, and thinking about impaction i bought both the medium and small crickets just incase.
i decided that trying to breed the larger crickets would be a good idea and to just feed him the small crickets, when feeding him the small crickets he didnt seem intrested at all, he ate one or 2 that walked straight past his face but other than that nothing. so today i decided to show him the lager crickets, he jumped stright out of my hand and straight into the cricket container and started eating. but i am now worried about impactation, the crickets were bigger than the space between his eyes, anthough not by heaps. i am just wondering what i should do? keep feeding the larger crickets or keep trying with the small ones?

thanks

just go buy the size of his head. medium crickets should be fine. i used to start feeding my beardies medium crix at about that age. i fine the small box of crix to small.

i had exactly the same problem as you a few weeks ago and i have kept giving him mediums. he is still doing big poos ok and its easier for me to just throw 3 or 4 bigger crickets in at a time than 10-15 little ones.

also i only ever dust my beardies veges, its way to hard for me to get dust on 3-4 crickets at a time 3 times a day. and he still seems to be growing fine, can someone tell me if im doing something terribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back