Beardie gone nuts......HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koubee

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, my male beardie "Blackbeard" has gone crazy. I think it is because i've seperated him from the other beardies (he's the only male).
I was feeding them this morning and he went nuts, he launched himself at me, which scared the hell out of me. He dosn't want anyone to open his cage or put anything in there.
I don't know what to do and i certainly don't trust him around my kids now.
Any advise would be great. He's approx 3 yrs old. Could this behaviour be because he's by himself?

it also could be tha fact that it is breeding season and he see u as a potential thret to his girls or what not

not too sure just keep an eye on him

Thanks, thats what i thought, he's just edgey because it is breeding season, i was going to put him with one of my females who has never been mated but i don't think so, he seems to be in a mighty p'd off mood.

if the dragons are the same size and the female is healthy there shouldnt be a problem but i have seen males brake the legs of female in a corting ritual before but that was survear situation putting him in withe the femae may quiet him down a bit
but if u do put them together keep a close eye on them

Thanks, i'm too nervous to put Loki in with him, he has a crazy look in his eye and i'd hate for anything to happen to Loki, i love her so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back