Beardie with eggs - help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHappy

Reaction score
Today we found two eggs in our beardie enclosure (we have two dragons but didn't know the sex). It is clear that she still has more eggs. I brought an incubator home today for when she lays the rest. What should I be doing for her?

Take the male out of the enclosure so as not to add further unneccessary stress to her.
Provide her with a lay box filled with peat/sand and ensure its moist to touch.
Apart from that just leave her be. Hopefully she lays the remaining eggs for you quick smart.

As for incubating. Do so at about 29deg after placing the eggs in a mixture of vermiculite/perlite and water at a ratio of 1:1

Thanks, Twiggz. I've found similar info and am already on it. Although the vermiculite:water mix was slightly different - 5 or 6:4. Either way I'll make sure water doesn't drip out of it when squeezed.
The first two eggs we have are no good.
I'm worried about the incubation now. The incubator I got seems to be playing up. It's sitting on 104F (doesn't show Celcius) I've read it should be around 83-84F. I'll toy with it and hopefully I find what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back