Beardies and blueys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i know this has probley already been don but i can't seem to find it here at all

so.....

is it ok to keep 2 blueys and 2 beardies together in a large tank?
providing i put in enough branchs and and hide logs ect. but do you think they will fight at all?

thanx guys ;)

At first they may have a bit of a snap at each other, but usually they get along. I think you will just have to try it and see how they go. I have found that its usually the blueys that do the biting but your beardies should be safe if they can climb out of the blueys reach.

Depends on how old they are, we have had baby blueys get into a dragon tank and kill the baby dragons. I think if they are all adults it won't be a problem.

My beardies are in an enclosure big enough to house a bluey or two aswell but I wont risk it. As is the beardies use every inch and love it, why cramp their space. Mine is 5ft high x 5ft wide x 2.5 deep. I did have the blueys alone in it for a while and I found they climb very well indeed, so height is no garantee of saftey for the beardies. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back