Beardy colour juvie-adult

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewater

Reaction score
Hi people's, just wondering if anyone can let me know at what age do beardy juvies colour up to adult colour, and if there are any signs to indicate what they will colour up like (aside form parents, one high red, one dull orange)
Cheers for that! Strongly considering one after years of snubbing them.
Grant.

i got my beardie at 6 months (debatable - he was 5 1/2 inches long and weighed 14gram) and he had red/orange just below his ear. I've had him 2 months now and he is now showing really stunning marking down hia back, round his spike and beautiful lines on his face in almost the same red/orange as his ear. I have also noticed his total colouring has changed. He was normal gray but since his last shed (finished 3 days ago) he has a real greeny tinge to him both under UV and natural sunlight

i have 3 youngens and all 3 are said to be high reds, 1 is quite red and just starting to shed and is quite grey underneath, one is quite yellow and is getting more orange by the day and the third is still just grey and showing red on her head when hunting and under basking conditions.. looking at parents is a good indication but you should be seeing good colour by yearling stage..

If u really want to know their true colours, to stick them outside (once warm enuf) for at least 3 wks will give u the best idea if u have the availability....
It can take up to 2yrs otherwise. Also, inside, the reds look yellowish, the oranges look just plain dull or reddish.
If u have a dark background in your beardie enclosure, lighten it up with an off-white e.g. & their colours will be more prevalent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back