BHP enclosure? custom VS premade. If you own a BHP help me.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_s

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i had a search but couldnt find anything on the right enclosure for a BHP.
im buying my first snake soon (a BHP) and i've been told buy the shop im looking at $700 for a 5x2 enclosure all wired..
im thinking i might be able to get something with a bit more space for the snake, something along the lines of 6 x 2.5 x 2 (L,W,H) custom made and all wired for the same price. i dont know if its just me but 5 x 2 for $700 seems a bit expensive to me.
is there anyone or any companys that would make something like this for a reasonable price?
i'm not just worried about the price, the way i see it is, if im paying $700+ i may be able to get something bigger for the same that will give the snake a bit more room to rome around and explore...
what are your opinions?
please if you own a BHP please send me pictures and advice i want the snake to be as happy as it can be...

As Im moving house, I have sold up all of my BHPs just in the last few weeks.
These are some of the enclosures that are now empty (I built them).

I was going to put them on ebay in the next few days, if you want them, you can have all 3 for $600.
Cheers Andy.

Kids not included

Attachments

• E1.jpg
    E1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 117
  • E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 90
  • E3.jpg
    E3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 95
  • E4.jpg
    E4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 114
where abouts do you live and any chance at getting just the one?
im getting my first bhp so i have no need for three...

at that price you would be well worth buying the three and then selling 2 of them on, get back everything you paid and end up with a free enclosure.

i wouldnt have enough room, rather just the one.

yeah i wouldnt mind one of them, certainly not all three though. no where near enough room for them.
where abouts are you from and would you sell one by itself? if so how much?
Kids not included

Last edited:
i wouldnt have enough room, rather just the one.

yeah i wouldnt mind one of them, certainly not all three though. no where near enough room for them.
where abouts are you from and would you sell one by itself? if so how much?
Kids not included

if you sell 2 you still only have 1 not 3... and if you were originally going to pay $700 for one you would be way better off. JMO.

3 will take up exactly, the same amount of floor space as 1 enclosure will.
If you dont have room for 3 where are you going to put a single enclosure?

I do have another that I will sell single, its about 10cms shorter but the same height and depth.
Its in a darker color and I will let it go for $250.

Any way Im in Greensborough VIC,
I will be selling off quite a few (3 banks and single enclosures)
Some big, some small (as Ive sold most of my snakes, have no need for them)

Cheers Andy.

if you could get any pictures of the enclosures you are selling that would be great, where about is greensborough?
yeah 3 would be good but floor space isnt a worry its the height. haha.

The other enclosures that a slightly smaller are 1500mm long 750mm deep and 600mm high.
I custom built these enclosures for BHPs. The others in the photos in the photos above were custom built for my Olives so they are a little bigger.
As for how you would get to Greensborough.
As your comming from Geelong, drive towards Melbourne, take a left at the Western Ring rd and follow it all the way to the end.
Im 2 minutes from the end of the Ring rd. It will take around 1 and a half hours.

I will get photos up later on, I normaly sell my enclosures on ebay by auction, as I dont get tyre kickers on ebay.
I will have 2x 3 banks like the photos above comming up for sale.
Also 3 single enclosures with the measurements stated to you above.

Cheers Andy.

$600 for those 3 enclosures bargain if you were in SA I would be on my way to pick them up. They look like there in very good condition too.
What would cost be to transport the 3 to SA im not sure if it can be done. But that would be perfect as I have a pair of womas and a BHP to re house soon enough.

Last edited:
The other enclosures that a slightly smaller are 1500mm long 750mm deep and 600mm high.
I custom built these enclosures for BHPs. The others in the photos in the photos above were custom built for my Olives so they are a little bigger.
As for how you would get to Greensborough.
As your comming from Geelong, drive towards Melbourne, take a left at the Western Ring rd and follow it all the way to the end.
Im 2 minutes from the end of the Ring rd. It will take around 1 and a half hours.

I will get photos up later on, I normaly sell my enclosures on ebay by auction, as I dont get tyre kickers on ebay.
I will have 2x 3 banks like the photos above comming up for sale.
Also 3 single enclosures with the measurements stated to you above.

Cheers Andy.

if you decide to sell them seperatly (the ones you showed me photos of, ill be sure to buy one.
im really after something thats at least 5 foot but preferabbly 6 foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back