Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just did a search, but couldn't find a thread similar and I'm keen to see some decent sized Elapids some keepers have out there, or even wild!
Would love to some some big Psuedechis, especially australis.

If this has been done before (and if I'm crap at using the search function) I apologise.

I know most of you would have seen this pic below, but I love this beauty O. scutellatus
Any one got any pics of this guy at the Brissy Museum? Is he still on display? Need to make a trip there some time soon

Attachments

• Oxyuranus scutellatus.jpg
    Oxyuranus scutellatus.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 290
I don't have pics but i've got a mate with a fierce snake that would put most carpets to shame. I think he said it was 2.4m. He's also got a mulga that would be a little bit bigger.

A nice sized RBB at Australian Reptile park

Attachments

• 100_0932.jpg
    100_0932.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 122
  • rbb2.jpg
    rbb2.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 145
the first photo is a 2.4m taipan and the second one measured 2.2m.both were roadkill, both at Yarwin in C.Q.

Attachments

• Just_stuff_005.jpg
    Just_stuff_005.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 183
  • yarwintiapan2.jpg
    yarwintiapan2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 156
Good stuff, lovin that Inland voodoo!

the first photo is a 2.4m taipan and the second one measured 2.2m.both were roadkill, both at Yarwin in C.Q.

Do you mean Yarwun? Just north of Gladstone? Couldn't find a Yarwin on google maps.
Also lovin the blood splattered on the ground from that beaut slimebo!:lol:

Also got a question, how far north do Tai's become "common", I realise they aren't Small Eyed's, but looking for one down here is harder than looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Slimebo, would those road kills be a rare find there?

Last edited:
Yup, it's Yarwun.

Every second call out here is for a Taipan....usually they're green tree snakes :lol: Seriously though, I think that finding Taipans is just as hard in areas where they're "common". They don't exactly like to be seen. Although there is one suburb here which seems to be some sort of Taipan paradise, most of the few Taipan's Kris has relocated have been from this one area.

Good stuff, lovin that Inland voodoo!

Do you mean Yarwun? Just north of Gladstone? Couldn't find a Yarwun on google maps.
Also lovin the blood splattered on the ground from that beaut slimebo!:lol:

Also got a question, how far north do Tai's become "common", I realise they aren't Small Eyed's, but looking for one down here is harder than looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Slimebo, would those road kills be a rare find there?

they are quite rare but there seem to be little pockets with of populations of them.yarwin is one of them,turkey beach is another, and one particular area of Gladstone they seem to pop up on occasions.
as Kirsten said everyone in gladstone has a taipan in their yard but 99%of the time they are eastern browns or tree snakes.

they are quite rare but there seem to be little pockets with of populations of them.yarwin is one of them,turkey beach is another, and one particular area of Gladstone they seem to pop up on occasions.
as Kirsten said everyone in gladstone has a taipan in their yard but 99%of the time they are eastern browns or tree snakes.

Kris has mentioned that he's seen a couple on the road out to Agnes/1770 as well.

Heres a 6-7foot Red Belly that was destined for the shovel,until i came along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back