Bird Transfers Interstate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philmcd

Reaction score
Hi there.

I have a Galah in Perth that I need to get to Brisbane. I have considered just tying the address to one leg and letting him find his own way but the family are not too keen on that idea......

Has anyone here had experience with airlines or other freight companies in transporting a bird and cage interstate.

Thanks

Phil

Can you export birds from WA?

I know you can't export herps...

IsK

I am fairly certain you can export birds from WA. Phil, if you get in touch with Australia Air Express (13 12 13), they will give you the details on how to box it up, and also an approximate cost. It should be around $100 to freight I am guessing.

Birds out of perth is no dramas. The bird would need to be placed in an airline approved box and the cage freight separately as cargo.

Cool, thanks for that folks. Will talk with Aust Air Express, thanks Jonno, and on a side note I have received the documentation form you.... thankyou.

We raised this galah from the egg and was left my son in perth when we moved a few years back, he is now in a unit where the folk around aren't keen on the noise made when he welcomes in the morning..... so we will get him back here.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back