• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

birdeating spiders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy

Reaction score
just woundering if anyone has some for sale and how much your selling for thanx.

in 2-3months i should have some spiderlings, they are an awsome looking sp from up north qld, when they are ready i will let you know the price, i may also have selenotypus "sarina" and "eunice"

not of slings but i can get some of the adults

theres a !!!!!!pet shop!!!!!!! @ garden city that sells them and theres one at raymond terrace too, i think $120 each

Yea alot of pet shops sell them, i rekon thats probably the easiest place to get one.

$120 is a rip off, even for an adult, also with petshops they are normally wild caught and they dont know wat sp it is, altho some petshops are selling captive bred babies now, i sold some of my last babies to one a couple of months back

Oh really pet shops sell wild caught, thats dodgey.

I think upmarket pets in melb sells adults for around $100

yup, pretty much all adults you see for sale are wild caught, even from private breeders, since there are new sp being discovered all the time, they are only being bred for the 1st time so all adults come from the wild, with the more established species there are a few captive bred adults but as with all sp, they are not commonly for sale from private breeders as we want them for breeding and we only sell out slings. the problem is most collectors who sell to petstores collect everything they find insted of leaving some to keep the natural populations

from a breeder you may pick adults up for $70-$80, possibly $50 from some

What do the spiderlings go for and how long till they reach maturity? (sorry to hijack the thread)

spiderlings $5-$30 and3-5years depending on species, selenotypus grow slower, selencosmia faster, feeding and temps

Yeah i think its terrible they take from the wild, i think they should make it illegal to sell all wildcaught fauna. I know this would be a hard thing to keep track of but pet shops shops should try to do the right thing and at least let the public know where there livestock comes from.

yea, i'm fine with collecting for the wild as long as you dont take to much and only sell the progeny

you should have to get a licenece like you do with reptiles frogs and some birds then there wouldnt be that many people selling wild cought

in 2-3months i should have some spiderlings, they are an awsome looking sp from up north qld, when they are ready i will let you know the price, i may also have selenotypus "sarina" and "eunice"

ok thanx mate that would be sweet!
cheers.

theres a !!!!!!pet shop!!!!!!! @ garden city that sells them and theres one at raymond terrace too, i think $120 each

:0 il go suss them out in the next day or so see how much they are and who they bought from and if they were breed in captivity or taken from the wild.

wardy.

i went out there today and they said that kotara sells them at there pet shop il head over there the next free day i have to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back