Black Scorpions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Some Questions about Black Rock Scorpions wanting to be answered:

Do Black Rock Scorpions need heating?

What size enclosure would a Black Rock Scorpion want?

What substrate would be best?

Also pics of your black rocks, as well as their enclosures would be great!:)

Thank-you
Tom.:p

no they dont need heating

chines takeaway containers only one scorp per container tho.

coco peat as it doesnt hold water for very long but i does absorb it.

just lighly mist one half of the enclosure ever 2 - 3 days feed once per fonrtnight or just put no more than two medium crickets in the tub with them and top up when they die/ get eaten and you will have your scorps for years.

edit: actually uneaten food should be removed after 24 hours and put back in a few days later and remove any uneaten dead ones or theyl go mouldy and attract mites, coco-peat is used because it does hold water well

no heating aslong as it doesnt below about 5c but if you have somewhere warm like a top of a fridge or ontop of a reptile enclosure it doesnt hurt

adults vary in size but for large adults about 40mm a chinese container would be suitable , keep them individually (yes they eat eachother)

best substrate would be 100% organic coco-peat

naturally they live in a scrape about not much bigger than there own body size under a rock and only usually go out and about when hunting or breeding.
they dont need alot of space but need good humidity so substrate should always be kept slightly damp and should either be kept in the dark or have something like a stone or a piece of tile/pot plant to hide under.
(dont critise how i keep them ive kept them like this since dec 07ish and havnt had a problem had babies born mated em in larger tubs and they shed perfectly aswell.)
100_1729-1.jpg

100_1283.jpg

hows this sound go to the green scorpion web page and look up the care sheet there rather than have a million differant ways told to you. there care sheet is super detailed and gives you all the info you need inclding how to care for them while they shed wich almost nobody does.

btw good for you 2 years im going on six year both urodacus manticus and urodacus elongatus

yea amazing how easy it is when you get good advice from thegreenscorpion
my first 2 i took petshop advice they lasted 15 days:evil:

yes. feels like a little pin prick ,nothing to worry about aslong as your not a cricket :lol:

Hi mate males will have an extra segment on the tails.
Try the link in my singnature to the AIF forum you will never need to ask again. ;)

yes they will eat eachother
they live well over 7 years since it basically takes about that long for them to mature
special care during shedding would be a dark place and higher humidity

they are not non venemous there venom is just really weak
my second picture male is right female is left in some locations the male is alot smaller and thiner and a dull greyish colour while the female is thicker and more shiny

size varies between different locations ive got some adults that are 30mm and some that are 55mm

they live well over 7 years since it basically takes about that long for them to mature

my second picture male is right female is left in some locations the male is alot smaller and thiner and a dull greyish colour while the female is thicker and more shiny

size varies between different locations ive got some adults that are 30mm and some that are 55mm
Now that is good quality imformation!!:D

Does it take that long for them to reach full size!!:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back