blind snake eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb96

Reaction score
Hey guys i was at my grandma's the other day. She was in the garden looking for a pot to put a plant in she picked one up and over the top moss had grown over she went to tip it out but before she did she lifted the moss up there we found heaps of white eggs sitting there could this be blind snake eggs and could some one post a pick of what there eggs look like.

Cheers Caleb.

This is what snail eggs look like.

images.jpg

Um no they dont look like snail eggs um sorry im not there anymore didnt get a pic sorry they where like the shape of a chickens eggs but they where quite small white eggs they looked to big to have been from a small garden skink

So how big? Blind snake eggs are much longer than they are wide compared to a regular chicken egg.

just say you turned a chicken eggs really white and then made it shrink very small when i go back there which should be soon ill try and get some pics

Gecko eggs... I often find asian house gecko eggs around my house

Western_Blind_Snake_with_eggs.jpgBlind Snake with eggs

Caleb
It is hardly likely that they are blind snake eggs. The one blind snake known to lay its eggs in pots is the Flower Pot Snake Ramphotyphlops braminus which is quite small and would have tiny eggs and is not yet recorded from NSW as far as I am aware. From the shape and size described they are most likely to be a smallish species of skink, as Geckoman suggested, or possibly a small species of dragon. They won’t be AHG eggs as these are hard shelled and not buried.

Blue

From the description "heaps" I'd be more inclined to guess a small skink species, for example Lampropholis. This commonly communally nest in places like flower pots, mulch piles etc and the egg size and shape seems to fit your description. Of course as blue said I wouldn't rule out a small dragon, but I'd find the description "heaps" to be a bit odd for a clutch laid by any small dragon.

ok cheers everyone yea i would say its either house geckos because my grandma has heaps around her house but also has heaps of little skink in her garden to so could be either is there anything i could do to keep them where they are but have them in something to see what they are when they hatch
cheers Caleb.

ok cheers everyone yea i would say its either house geckos because my grandma has heaps around her house but also has heaps of little skink in her garden to so could be either is there anything i could do to keep them where they are but have them in something to see what they are when they hatch
cheers Caleb.

Where abouts does your Grandma live?

If they were found in Belligen then the chances of it being AHG are very unlikely (unless they are found there now????).
As I and others have said they are more than likely eggs from a small skink species or a slight chance they may be from a small dragon.
I can't tell you how to hatch them as I would be breaking site rules (promoting illegal activity)

I would say skink eggs, as before mentioned they lay in communal sites and they swell up when laid to the point of there being no way at that size could they lay them. I have found nests of over 70 skink eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back