Blotched Blue Tonge Question, well 2 questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinobot

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Blotched Blue Tongue Question, well 2 questions

Hello guys, this is my first post on here. I am an experienced fish keeper and have finally ventured out and got my first reptile "Grimlock" a blotched blue tongue lizard. I did alot of research because obviously thats what you should do before you get a new pet and I didn't want to bother forums with noob questions. That being said I do have a quick 2 questions.

1: I have had Grimlock for about 3 weeks now, eating very well every second day, basking, sleeping and generally pretty active for a blue tongue but he has developed over the last 2-3 days a couple of noticeable white spots on his head. I only feed him foods off the recommended list (cucumber once or twice as well, that wasn't on the list). I am sure I am just being unnecessarily cautious but seeing if this is anything I should worry about. He is rubbing his head a bit on the wood and rocks so I am thinking he might be due for a shed, he has grown a touch since I got him (approx 24cm in length), ideas? I don't think its mites or anything but thought I would ask. Below are some pics of what I am talking about, they are a bit more pronounced in real life, balancing a SLR and a lizard was a bit tricky ha.

2: Secondly, I have reptile carpet as the substrate, Mentone and Glen Waverly recommended it but I have not read much about it on forums, there is a log for him to hide under as well as some ground lying fake plans he can get under the foliage of. Will this be alright?

Thankyou for your time, apologies if this is in the wrong area, its my first post.

Last edited:
yes that looks like mites mine used to have it, just buy some spray from a pet shop, yeah that carpet is fine as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back