Blotched Blue Tongue help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamous1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

The kids and I were lucky enough to be the winning bidder at a recent VHS meeting at Monash Uni. The prize was a 4 foot tank, heet rock, UVB lighting and hood, bag of substrate and two blotched blue tongues.

The blueys are some of the biggest I have ever seen The biggest measure 50 cm head to tail and the smaller one measure around 44cm.

We were told that it is believed two females but other people tend to believe that there is 2 males. Just thought I'd post them anyway and see what you think.

I am taking them tomorrow to be sexed and will let you know.

Attachments

• P1000293.JPG
    P1000293.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 180
  • P1000286.JPG
    P1000286.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 99
  • P1000287.JPG
    P1000287.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 90
by close looks and they cant be accurite from photoes id say females,,

rounder snouts and stubier tails...

just a myth way of thelling but can be right,...

the only real way of telling is stickin a peice of wire up its *** and counting the scales they pass

Thanks

Thanks Camo and najanaja. I'll get them sexed tomorrow and find out. I'll let you know.

I am leaning towards the 2 of them being females as well. I will have to get a male Blotched so if any out there has one let me know in a PM or e-mail and we'll talk. Preferrably Victoria.

Nice blueys shamous, they look like girls to me but I always find it hard to tell, especially from pics. I may have a spare male alpine from the 2005 litter, but i don't know their sex yet sorry.

Let me know

Hi Jordo, If you find out you'll have to let me know. From your experience how big do these guys get? As these are whoppers.

Some of mine are huge as well, this girl (mum of the '05 litter I mentioned) is about 45cm and they are quite heavy as well, but your 50cm one is massive. I've often heard that alpines get a bit larger than the lowland variety but after seeing your 2 lowlands I guess they both get large.

Attachments

• yellow bluey.JPG
    yellow bluey.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 88
Sexed

Just got back and have had them sexed. Looks like 2 females.

I am now looking for a male Blotched blue tongue to for the final touch to the trio.

Who sexed them for you, I should probably get someone to probe mine to see what I've got?

Animal Attraction

I was going to get Brian Barnett to do it but I hitched a ride with a mate to Matt at Animal Attraction's new farm so I got him to do it.

Just got back and have had them sexed. Looks like 2 females.

I am now looking for a male Blotched blue tongue to for the final touch to the trio.

jeez,,maybe our theory is right,
both females as i said,,

i have to thank APS for this knolledge

Genius

jeez,,maybe our theory is right,
both females as i said,,

i have to thank APS for this knolledge

What a genius you are. I had already stated that I was going to get them sexed in my first post and would like to know what people thought. And as photo's are not always a true indication of size and shape that it what I did.

In saying that you did well and I will give you a gold star stamp when I see you.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back