Blotched bluetongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heres a few pics of the old girl blotchy thats gravid again it just sits out hoping for sun,little easterns i got last season are like little adults now and are becoming tamer in the outdoor enclosure :)

Last edited:
Just gotta say i've seen this in real life and the orange is soooo bright:D

I still want one of those babies colin;)

Ben

G'day zulu,

That Blotchy is something else mate! She's one of the best I've seen.

I have a litter of last years Bluey's outside too, and when they first went out they turned feral for about a month...they would run and hide if you got anywhere near the enclosure. They calmed down eventually, and now they bask out in the open, even ignoring our chicken that sits on top of their enclosure desperately trying to get in. There's 4 Cunninghams outside too, never see the buggers though. I keep getting worried that they'd escaped so I pull the enclosure apart but they are all there.

Just gotta say i've seen this in real life and the orange is soooo bright:D

I still want one of those babies colin;)

Ben

Yeh Ben i know that you and richardc expressed interest and ile keep that in mind,the same lizard onley had about three babys last year from memory,so its wait and see,freaky looking colour in real life hey ben.There is some others that are gravid by the looks of there size and sunning allot also.

G'day zulu,

That Blotchy is something else mate! She's one of the best I've seen.

I have a litter of last years Bluey's outside too, and when they first went out they turned feral for about a month...they would run and hide if you got anywhere near the enclosure. They calmed down eventually, and now they bask out in the open, even ignoring our chicken that sits on top of their enclosure desperately trying to get in. There's 4 Cunninghams outside too, never see the buggers though. I keep getting worried that they'd escaped so I pull the enclosure apart but they are all there.

Thanks jonno,thats a baby lizard that ide sold and then got the opportunity to get back,ive got others that colour but the blotches are narrower.Yeh jonno i put young alpines and easterns in the outside enclosure and your right they turn feral and dont come out much,not as bad as Bob Whitheys landmullet :lol: i call him the pitanjarra name "The Ghost that runs quick on four legs bra" he has more hangouts than a damd drug dealer! :):):)

re Blotched

Nothing beats a sheet of corrogated iron for the Blueys to go under, hey zulu?
Its just what i had available quick when i built the cage nick,it heats up way too hot in summer you can fry an egg on it,havent had the heat problem this year with all the rain.Last year when it was hot you could see the alpine females stressing trying to find cool spot on hot days so ive let the grass grow long.:)

I have a sheet of corrogated iron underneath a shelter in the aviary so it's always in the shade.

Last edited:
re Blotched

Yes nick it needs shade the tin,gets way hot,shade cloth like you use on your python setups would be good for some of my enclosure also :)

heres her getting annoyed with the attention

Attachments

• 200711010073 (Small).JPG
    200711010073 (Small).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 200711010081 (Small).JPG
    200711010081 (Small).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back