Blue tongue enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhoyo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this thread has been done before, I did a search and nothing came up.
I want to see all your blue tongue and shingleback enclosures to get some inspiration for mine and to see if Australian style is any different to the UK.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i havent got any pics but all of mine are kept in big plastic tubs with a fly screen top on the them. i use aspen bedding for them. The younger ones also have a hide box but all generally bury into the substrate. i use a heat mat or heat cord system

Cheers Nick

this is mine, no tubs.
petesreptilesJan11008.jpg

wow great setup pete :) What are the dimensions and what lives in there?

geez that is a kick *** setup.
id love to have a bit of land to do this

its currently 5x8 and contains, few types of bluey, cunninghams, water skinks and the odd shingle.

Here is one of my outdoor enclosures........ not as natural as Peters...... but they breed like flies in it !!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0039.jpg
    DSCF0039.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Image027.jpg
    Image027.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Bluey Tank.jpg
    Bluey Tank.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 389
i would hate to put them in tubs, seems kinda cruel to me

no different to putting them in a cage the same size. I keep all bar 2 of my reps in tubs, cheap and easy to clean

---------- Post added 10-Jan-11 at 10:26 AM ----------

Here is one of my outdoor enclosures........ not as natural as Peters...... but they breed like flies in it !!!!!!!

any info on its construction?

Peter that's incredible, I'm very jealous! Do you ever have problems with birds looking for a meal? Just curious...

Yes mate...... I made it from marine Ply & MDF coated in marine varnish.... I have had it nearly 4 years & use a shade sail over it to keep out excess heat & rain. I also cover it during deluge such as now. Here are more snaps..... it also has a divide down the middle.

no different to putting them in a cage the same size. I keep all bar 2 of my reps in tubs, cheap and easy to clean

---------- Post added 10-Jan-11 at 10:26 AM ----------

any info on its construction?

Attachments

• DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF0033.jpg
    DSCF0033.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCF0036.jpg
    DSCF0036.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0037.jpg
    DSCF0037.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 440
thats a nice piece of driftwood you got there. where is it from?

I got it from a local pet store, actually. As soon as I saw it, I had to have it. It's perfect for a hide/basking area, that goes most of the way along the enclosure ^^

Yes mate...... I made it from marine Ply & MDF coated in marine varnish.... I have had it nearly 4 years & use a shade sail over it to keep out excess heat & rain. I also cover it during deluge such as now. Here are more snaps..... it also has a divide down the middle.

I like these a lot, very good if breeding is a priority. Mine looks good but its not good for breeding, to many variables. Its more for sitting in these days.

I like these a lot, very good if breeding is a priority. Mine looks good but its not good for breeding, to many variables. Its more for sitting in these days.

really? I thought in a setup like yours they would breed quite well

here is mine not as nice as the outdoor ones but they like it

Attachments

• new enclosure 001.JPG
    new enclosure 001.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 190
  • enclosures 015.JPG
    enclosures 015.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back