blue tongue or beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalky77

Hi Guys

i have five eastern long neck turtle and one murray short neck turtle, but have been thinking of adding on to the collection.

i have recently been thinking of setting up an enclosure but am wondering if an eastern blue tongue lizard, an eastern bearded dragon or a central bearded dragon are easier to keep. can you please help

hi

hi mate how are ya

ive kept beardys and blueys an honestly they are both on par they need roughly the same amount of effort as each other mate so easy choice go the one that catches ya eye an shows personality i found my blueys were pretty boring lol but my bearded they were great entertainment

Blue tongues lol.
im keeping both at the moment and i say that blue tongues wud still have to be the best. With blue tongues u can put them on the ground outside with them running up a tree, and they dont have to be fed crickets which are a major pain to buy and they are a nusaince to feed.

I'm a blue tongue fan. Very easy to keep and very interesting pets.

Some would disagree but I think they're huge on personality

Blue tongues lol.
im keeping both at the moment and i say that blue tongues wud still have to be the best. With blue tongues u can put them on the ground outside with them running up a tree, and they dont have to be fed crickets which are a major pain to buy and they are a nusaince to feed.
not true lol my beardies comes outside all the time.
so does my bluey,but i think beardies are by far the best

In my opinion beardies are more energetic than blueys however blueys are more calm.

thanks guys
i think i might go with beardies
but are eastern or central beardies easier

What state are you in? Depending on state it may be easier to find breeders and/or pet shops that stock Eastern and central bearded dragons. (for me in qld you can only buy the central variety in shops). I have kept both species and there is almost no change in housing or other husbandry. They are equally enjoyable and easy to keep.

beardies , i have blues and beardies - but i still say beardies .atm i think central beardie hatchlings are every where . [ i know they are here in vic]

don tknow what state ya in , but in vic u need a basic license to have beardies , but with the common blotch blue u dont .

thanks again guys

i live in canberra and you dont need a licence for a eastern beardie but you do for a central beardie

but central beardies have much better colour veriaty to choose from and have cought my eye,so i put in for a central beardie licence

Chalky 77: If you live in the ACT, why not go for a blotched blue tongue instead of an eastern? That is if you are still considering blueys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back