Blue Tongue with 2 tails

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamous1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a Blue Tongue Skink with 2 tails?
The reason why I asked is because I took the kids into Living Hell in Sunshine a couple of days ago and they have a one in there. It has a full tail but the last inch or so has two tails going in separate directions.

Looks really weird.

I know pics or it did'nt happen so I'll try and get back there to take some pics with my spy camera.:lol:

I did'nt realize they actually grew back on Blueys.

Last edited:
Yeah they do, but never reaching full length of the original. I've seen a wild Water Dragon with a double tail at Coffs.

Can't remeber which one but a Reptiles Australia mag has a pic of a gecko with lots of tails.

I've seen a little Carlia skink with a tail that branches into 4.
I guess it could be a birth defect, however it also seems to happen when the original tail sustains a injury or a partial drop, but is still attached by a little tissue, then the tail regenerates as well, leaving you with the old one still growing, but a new one jutting front the old break point.

i found 1 of thoes stupid little lizards that run around in my back yard with 2 tails.
i think it was like a grass skink or sumthing like that

i found 1 of thoes stupid little lizards that run around in my back yard with 2 tails.
i think it was like a grass skink or sumthing like that

There are no stupid lizards...except maybe Asian House Geckos- but only because they aren't native and are a pest. All other native lizards are awesome.

JMO!!

i remember about 15 years ago i caught a bluie that had its tail burnt and towards the end there was another toe growing !!!!! i really wish i had a photo of it but i dont it looked bizzar

i remember about 15 years ago i caught a bluie that had its tail burnt and towards the end there was another toe growing !!!!! i really wish i had a photo of it but i dont it looked bizzar

now that is bizzarre!

Had a bluey in the backyard years ago, had 4 tails, apprently caused by a dog attack

Yep, came across one with 2 tails that I moved off the road......he/she was also covered in ticks so I removed the ticks and put him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back