Blue Tongues Vs. Bearded Dragons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a wild bluey that gets around and he lets me pick him up and eats chicken out of my hand while I hold him then goes about his daily routine when I put him back down. He definately changed my view on blueys. Both are great and have heaps of character.

Skippii, you mentioned a favourite food of your bluey was tomato. I thought tomato was poisonous to most animals as its a part of the deadly nightshade family. Does this not harm reptiles? MAybe I've just generalised and never thought to feed an animal tomato.

Thanks,
BP

Skippii, you mentioned a favourite food of your bluey was tomato. I thought tomato was poisonous to most animals as its a part of the deadly nightshade family. Does this not harm reptiles? MAybe I've just generalised and never thought to feed an animal tomato.

Thanks,
BP

Leaves and stems are poisonous, fruit is safe :) It is acidic though (low on the PH scale) so should be an occasional food not a staple. Elmo LOVES cherry tomatoes! :rolleyes:

I second that, thanks for clearing that up Stevo, I've been out and about all day today and just got in.

But yes, as Stevo said, the tomato fruit itself is not toxic, and in limited amounts it can be great for adding variety to a bluey's diet. Banjo gets a little every week or two, and absolutely wolfs it down!

x

Leaves and stems are poisonous, fruit is safe :) It is acidic though (low on the PH scale) so should be an occasional food not a staple. Elmo LOVES cherry tomatoes! :rolleyes:

Same goes with banana in regards to sometimes food, it is high in potassium and can block calcium uptake.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back