Blue tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babysnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Its me again

i am gettin my pet snake in about 2 weeks time.
i am very excited! :D

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if blue tongues make good pets at all?
For a first time reptile keeper?

thanks to anyone that replies! ! !

regards

Babysnake :lol:

I had one a few years ago. A very nice pet to have, very easy to look after.

i have three blue tongues an one pink tongue

my bluey r great but my pink tongue i just got today it bitch mood want bit everone.
but far i got there great pets ever for kids ...pink tongen just need lot of handling

Let see what poeple have -blue tongue setup an pic of big little bluey +pink tongue

i see everone do to give me sum ideas on my mrs mr blueys home .post some pic p

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 126
Here you can see some of my Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard's, that come from Darwin-Broome-Prince Regent-Kununurra, which is the Northwest of Australia.

Last edited:
here better pic of my blueys an pinky

my breeding pair
an baby bluey
pink tongue

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 96
sec pic is baby pink tongue anger *** liz

it like to bit a lot
baby blue just come of the log

Here are some more photo's of my Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard's, here you can see my male from Prince Regent WA, mating with 2 different females 1 from Kununurra WA and the other 1 from Prince Regent WA, and 1 female giving birth to to her last baby late 2008.

The breeding season is about to start with my Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard's in about 3 weeks from now, and it should last until late August or early September, l will post photo's showing which ones have mated together on here when it all happends.

Last edited:
ru sellin any any where about ru i wpould love buy to of you

plz i like get diffrent blue tongue of an lizard plz

heres my 2 blotched blueys enclousre
blueys.jpg

hers my eastons enclousre
bluey.jpg

the white around the sides is Roch stopper , so they cant climb up the walls ..

plz i like get diffrent blue tongue of an lizard plz
lf anyone is wanting to know if l will be selling my Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard's, that l hope to breed later this year, yes l will be but only to private keepers who are dedicated like l am, for when it comes to husbandry-keeping-diet-health issues, not to any Petshops across Australia.

Here is another photo showing some of my Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue Lizard's l breed late last year 2008, the parents are both from Prince Regent WA.

Last edited:
i think blue tongues make a wonderful first time reptile pet. it was my husbands first reptile 8 years ago. they are very easy to care for and are very rarely aggressive. in 8 years we never had one bite us. and we use to breed them lots. i think they are great, specially for the younger generation to start off with. cheers
mel

i had 1 he was great neva bit any1 who wasnt stupid enough to stick ther finger in his mouth

blueys are common amogst first time reptile keepers. they are very palcid, (usually) forgiving lizards. of course, lik any animal it will bite when provoked (and it gives off excruciating pain!) sorry not to put you off the idea of blueys. they really are a good pet;)

thanks guys for those pics and info :)

just wonderin what do i need to set up a blue tongue enclosure?

thanks

Babysnake

lf anyone is after information in regards to keeping Blue-Tongue & Shingle-Back Lizard's such as, Husbandry-Handling-Health-Diet-Sexing-Breeding and indentification of all sub-species of Blue-Tongue & Shingle-Back, l highly recommend you to log onto www.bluetongueskinks.com its has all the information including photo's from keepers from all over the world posted on it.
Western-Eastern-Centralian-Blotched Blue-Tongue Lizard's, just to name a few.

hey again

thanks for that info peeps

could anyone tell me if there is any thing bad about the blu tongues like:

diseases
infection
behaviour

so on

regards
Babysnake :p

I got a Blotchy almost a month ago and I love him! I have met lots of very placid (like able to be picked up - I loved Steve Irwin when I was young!) and only one angry wild Bluelys in my life (and that one had just gotten a leg bitten off by a dog) .

My hand raised Yunupingu (AKA Yuni) is very tame and has only bit me once when I was hand feeding him and not watching (slow eater) and it didn't hurt or leave a mark.

He has gotten mites out of nowhere so make sure you know what to look for.
Yuni is very curious about the world but make sure you watch Bluelys when they're out as they can really run when they want and they love to climb and hide (in my less than a months experience!).

attached is what is tank looked like the day I got him and then what it looks like now (with his proper house)

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3551.jpg
    IMG_3551.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 69
Wow thats a nice looking set up you got there, how big is your tank, its a big tank?

It looks nice but I would assume there is alot of maintenance involved.

I myself am very much a beardie man, personally I love their activeness (Eastern) and their inquisitive nature.

I have a few friends that have bluetounges and they seem to be very easy to care for and low care animals. As for diseases I could not tell you but I would assume it would be the same as every lizzard can get. Compactation, UV deficancy and Calicum deficancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back