Boa constrictors seized from Melbourne home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are defiantly here,among other species of exotics,corn snakes are breed in Australia just as many as Carpet pythons.The problem is once the authorities find the reptiles the person-s are given a small fine,maybe a bond.Big deal that hardly deters people from keeping-breeding exotics...They need to start given them a huge fine,lose license [ if they have one ] and confiscate their reptiles.Thats my 2 cents.....MARK

re Boa

I agree up the fines or goal time for people found with them.

Thats right, its the way things should be,the death penalty for serious crimes after that we can chop hands and legs off for drunk drivers and such,then fill longbay and goulbourn jail with corn snake and chameleon keepers :)

Thats right, its the way things should be,the death penalty for serious crimes after that we can chop hands and legs off for drunk drivers and such,then fill longbay and goulbourn jail with corn snake and chameleon keepers :)
Hey Zulu what do we cut off premier Rand!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Love all reptiles native & exotic, want exotic go on petlink. Just a thought Asylum seeking exotic reptiles?

I take it everyone hates aussie exotic keepers. Some of us have permits to keep this gear;) Back in the good old amnesty days:shock:

They are defiantly here,among other species of exotics,corn snakes are breed in Australia just as many as Carpet pythons.The problem is once the authorities find the reptiles the person-s are given a small fine,maybe a bond.Big deal that hardly deters people from keeping-breeding exotics...They need to start given them a huge fine,lose license [ if they have one ] and confiscate their reptiles.Thats my 2 cents.....MARK

yeah check out pet link there's a breeder of boa's and balls in Rockhampton qld.

how much is this fine these days anyways? should be around 10k + then people will stop doing it ;)

i think youll find its more like 60 or 80k max? but noone every gets given it . from what ive heard, 1k is about the going rate. ??? not much of a deterrent really.

well thats stupid then whats the point in having the 60 - 80k fine up for show without dishing them out. pretty stupid.

yeah i agree.
i guess its probably only for "more severe" cases. eg. breeding, large collections etc.

i cant remember where i heard it was that much, although im pretty sure it is.
i could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back