bound up cockateil

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko_ProCs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My mum wants to know what sort of oil she can give a cockatiel
that is a little bound up and how would she administrate it?

she wormed them thinking it was worms but he's still a lil bound up
any advice would be great

Cheers...
Camo

My mum wants to know what sort of oil she can give a cockatiel
that is a little bound up and how would she administrate it?

she wormed them thinking it was worms but he's still a lil bound up
any advice would be great

Cheers...
Camo

bye you saying he is bound up i assume you mean it is constipated rather then egg bound. adn if that is the case i would take it to an avian vet. as this is a problem that will probably re-occur untill you find the cause. How do you know its a little bound up?? if you think it is bound up because it abdominal cavity is larger there is a good chance (especailly if you feed grain) that it has an inflamed liver. other then that sometime holding them over a steming bowl of water this will relax the muscles of the vent and can allow them to "evacuate" so to speak

cheers
H

oh ok thanks Helikaon
well mum said he's pooing but instead of dropping out or "shooting" out it just kinda ozes [spelling] out and gets stuck to the feathers on his rear

im just going on what my mother has told me so sorry if its a bit unclear but i'll pass that other info on to her

Thanks....
Camo

oh ok thanks Helikaon
well mum said he's pooing but instead of dropping out or "shooting" out it just kinda ozes [spelling] out and gets stuck to the feathers on his rear

im just going on what my mother has told me so sorry if its a bit unclear but i'll pass that other info on to her

Thanks....
Camo

souds like diarrhea then, whats his diet? he may have a bacteria infection. unfortunately i cant be much help as everythign i would offer to do would need to be at a vet. i'd suggest getign a faecal smear doen to check for any type of protazoa or overgrowth of bacteria,and hoep its not megabacteria. other then that if takign to the vet may not be an option, then yes a good worming and maybe a change in diet, to somethign liek roudy bush, but when it comes down to it it could be a million things sorry, it smay even be the birds kidneys failign and thsi is makign the droppings exceedingly runny, other then a blood test and smears. which can be pretty expensive. its up to your mum really. but rememebr if you feed lots of greens, lettuce and the lieks it is expected for the feaces to be runny, um but other then that i would clean the vent area, it may jsut be useing becuase of all the caked up feaces. s i would first clean the area, and then look at makign an appointment to see yoru local avian vet

ok thanks heaps
he's just been alittle quiet lately and fluffs himself up a bit and mum got a bit worried
but i'll let her know and hopefully he'll be all good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back