Boyd's lighting and temps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkstaa

Reaction score
I have been reading around and found this in an old post:
LIGHTING
Lighting should be shaded to stimulate their natural enviornment.
cover by plant foilage will help in this instance as will shaded mesh cloth purchased from a nursery or garden centre.
UVA/B requirements are not as important as many other Agamid species however it should be provided for their best health.
To achieve this without over heating the animals a UV fluro light should be added or the animals placed outside in the shaded sun.

Am I interpreting right to say provide a uv and a fluro light?...What uv would be reccomended for them eg 5.0 10.0 etc? Also what temps are idea I read somewhere that 28-30 or 24-29 what do you guys think

I was under the impression that no heat source was required for these lizards if they are kept indoors. I would probably just get either a 2.0 or 5.0 as these will be enough to provide UV for any living plants and give your dragons a bit of colour. 10 might be a bit strong for a forest dweller.

There was a really nice article in Reptiles Australia (cant remember the issue, but can dig it up if you want) that discussed the keeping of Angle Headed Dragons which I think should be similar in keeping.

What size enclosure are you using? Are you making your own? I reckon if you could have a water feature in the bottom, you could use a water heater which in turn you could create some warm humidity for the enclosure. Just a thought.

that would be great if you don't mind :) Enclosure size I'm unsure of egzact measurements hubby's friend is making it at the moment : p I have a small waterfall I will be putting in...humidity wise I'm not too worried I'm up near Mackay and apparently the weather here is perfect for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back