brand new Bredli :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
Hi :)

after ten years of being snakeless, my hubby surprised me with an 8 month old bredli. She is super cute and was being wonderful when e got her, but is rather bitey now and trying to attack me through her click clack. Am assuming that it is the stress from the move, and maybe some cage defensiveness prehaps. She had a feed today though so she can't be too stressed!

Anyway, as I haven't kept snakes in a while will probably be on here frequently. here is my first stupid question - already she looks bored in her click clack, it seems mean to keep her locked away in there! will be attempting to get her out tomorrow for a few minutes of sun. Anways, thats me ;)

Bredli mellow out with age and handling. Mine love to have climb in the back yard, only thing is the kookaburras and butcher birds tend to hang round :-(

Yeah, she will mellow out as she gets older. Mine certainly are : ] Just use a snake hook and be assertive without being bullyish or man handling. You may cop a few bites but she should (typically) become less bitey once out of the tub.

They mellow out with age, and handling, but just let her settle in for a week or two, so that she isn't stressed when you handle her.

Will

Congrats and welcome to APS
Bitey now but not before? Shedding perhaps or in need of more food?
Never been able to keep my hands off a new hatchy. Those of mine that did bite dont anymore.

thanks for the welcome :)

i only just got her yesterday, so im not surprised she is snappy with me. so should i not get her out for a few days to let her settle in? or get her out for a few mins once a day to get her used to being handled?

leave it alone for a week or 2 , there is plenty of time for " bonding" later on . besides your not ment to handle a snake for acouple of days after eating .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back