Breeding childreni for novices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone needs to take a chill pill here!

n3xia, just because they have been in the same enclosure does not mean they have bred yet. It is not breeding season yet so there is no reason to believe she is indeed gravid until she is showing signs of this. Rather then get annoyed at people who are trying to help you, take in the advice given. You will still need a way to heat the hatchlings (should they occur) for those rare times you do use the air con. I am not a breeder, but I think you should wait until the female is showing obvious signs of being gravid until taking any further action. There is no point setting up hatchling racks until confirmed pregnancy. As far as food is concerned, I believe breeders get the hatchlings started on fresh killed, day old mice. But I am sure someone will either confirm or contradict this.

Good Luck with whatever outcome arises.

They haven't just been in the same enclosure... I did say we've seen them with tails locked together. And yes I know she still might not be pregnant, but I'm trying to prepare myself with some knowledge of what to do and what we'll need if that is the case. I also mentioned throughout this thread that the female is my friend's snake (so the hatchlings will be with her) and that if I had a bunch of hatchlings indoors I would obviously not use the airconditioning. I will be advising my friend not to use airconditioning too. Lastly, my OP mentioned that my local petshop does not sell day old mice and even if they did, they would be hard to come by because they are in high demand. I was asking for an alternative and I now know I could use gecko tails, mouse tails etc.

and you just said
(1. Read my posts. If you had read them, you wouldn't be telling me to wait till next year because you'd know that the pythons have already bred)
and u said they havent been in the same enclosure.

Hey I was just trying to help! You don't need to snap at me!

Your local pet store is not the only place around you can acquire mice from. Simply ask and a breeder in your area might help you out! Or order some online and get them delivered!
And again, just because they have locked tails does not mean she will be gravid. If it only took one time can you imagine how the world would be. Also, are you telling me that your friend never ever uses the air con? And geckoes tails might work but you will probably end up with a whole bunch of sick snakes from the diseases they carry.

and you just said
(1. Read my posts. If you had read them, you wouldn't be telling me to wait till next year because you'd know that the pythons have already bred)
and u said they havent been in the same enclosure.
No, I didn't... I said they haven't *just* been in the same enclosure. As in, they have been in the same enclosure, but they've also been observed with tails locked together... in the enclosure. Seriously, your comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. Is the '96' in your username your year of birth? Coz that would make you 15-16 years old and really, a 16-year-old should be able to understand these things.

Hey I was just trying to help! You don't need to snap at me!

Your local pet store is not the only place around you can acquire mice from. Simply ask and a breeder in your area might help you out! Or order some online and get them delivered!
And again, just because they have locked tails does not mean she will be gravid. If it only took one time can you imagine how the world would be. Also, are you telling me that your friend never ever uses the air con? And geckoes tails might work but you will probably end up with a whole bunch of sick snakes from the diseases they carry.
Lol, I haven't 'snapped'. IF I HAD SNAPPED I WOULD BE TYPING LIKE THIS OR NAME CALLING ETC, COZ DOING SO IMPLIES YOU ARE SHOUTING/ANGRY ON THE INTERNET. The best way you can help, as I've outlined many times in this thread, is to read before posting, and that's exactly what you it seems you didn't do. Jeez, it's like... forum board etiquette 101 in here.

Yes, I'm aware the pet shop isn't the only place I can get snake food from. However, the only breeder I know is the one I bought my snake from, whom I no longer have the contact details for (it was 4 years ago after all). If anyone could suggest a breeder in Darwin, I'd happily contact them. But I've noticed I'm the only member in this thread residing in the NT, and judging by everyone being so insistent on heating equipment, none of you have ever been to the NT and probably wouldn't know any breeders here anyway. Yes, I'm aware that my friend's snake might not be pregnant, but as I said, I'd like to be prepared if she is. Isn't that what everyone's been saying so far, that I'm unprepared and all that? Well if you guys wanted me to be prepared, you wouldn't be telling me not to bother with preparation until I know she's pregnant. Of course I'm not going to go out and buy hatchling racks tomorrow, but I still needed to know what to get and where to find it, so that I'm not mucking around if/when I need to do it. No, I'm not saying my friend never uses aircon, but I did say I will be advising her not to. It's pretty logical, really. We already know snakes need to be warm because we each have a snake of our own. Hence, I think we can figure out that even though the snakes are native, if the hatchlings are indoors and we use aircon, we will need heating equipment for them. Although, lots of us live quite comfortably here in the NT without using aircon on a regular basis ;) No gecko tails coz of diseases though - got it. My reptile-experienced vet once recommended I feed non-native household geckos to my python when he wasn't eating, which is why I thought it wouldn't be a huge problem.

No, I didn't... I said they haven't *just* been in the same enclosure. As in, they have been in the same enclosure, but they've also been observed with tails locked together... in the enclosure. Seriously, your comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. Is the '96' in your username your year of birth? Coz that would make you 15-16 years old and really, a 16-year-old should be able to understand these things.
just do it they way u want to do it

Last edited:
take them to the bush put them on the ground turn around and walk away
wait 60days come back and if your luckly they might be the.
cause there native

You're getting fairly childish. You can very easily keep animals without heat in their natural range if the room temperatures are similar to outside. Essentially you could put the hatchies in a Chinese container and store them on a shelf. No heating required. You could set up a rack with cord and heat mat however 90% of the time it would be turned off. It's not relatable to what you do in cooler climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back