Breeding Diamonds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david63

Reaction score
Hi All

I have 31/2 year old male & female Diamonds that I intended to breed this coming season. The females about 6' & the males about 5', but is only 1/3 the weight of the female & am concerned the female may have a go (not in a good way! :lol: ) at the smaller male, rather than mate with him.

Anybody out there experienced a similar situation or have any advice.

Cheers

David ya wont have a problem the males can be quite small in relation to the females in captivity or the wild and theyll breed and M F wont hurt each other.Even male diamond pythons that are seven feet are not as big as similar length healthy females dont worry.

I used to worry about the same thing. My diamonds are housed together (well,not now that they're being cooled) but my female is gigantic compared to my male, and they've never had any probs whatsoever. They bred successfully aswell no problem. I used to worry about her maybe her squashing him in competition for the heat but he's been holding his own. :wink:

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back