Breeding. Selling. Dealers license. Farmers license. ?!?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And id need my cat 5? Hmmm that will be fun. Ive only had my cat 4 for a year haha... but boats are easy to organise. Has anyone looked into this thoroughly??

And id need my cat 5? Hmmm that will be fun. Ive only had my cat 4 for a year haha... but boats are easy to organise. Has anyone looked into this thoroughly??

The region is extremely remote. Expeditions are very expensive to organise, and you'd have to go during the wet season to have any chance of success - and success is not guaranteed - I think John Weigel did something like 18 or 19 trips to eventually secure his foundation animals.

Jamie

From an investors standpoint it would be very worth jt. Offspring could easily be sold for $1500+ making their money back pretty fast. But it would be so good for the hobby. If w.a can secure breeding groups of these snakes then they can slow down the takers licenses and focus more on the breeding. and they could easily make a profit of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of importing a breeding pair to w.a?

Well, each trip will cost you many thousands of dollars, with no guarantee of success, and no guarantee that you'll be able to breed what you catch... To be honest, I wouldn't put money on it.

No chance of importation.

Jamie

Actually scratch what i saod. Im on my phone at the moment and just realised i missed half of the posts. Ill reread it all when i get home... it wpuld be good if a few people got together and kept the pressure going to get the laws changed.

From an investors standpoint it would be very worth jt. Offspring could easily be sold for $1500+ making their money back pretty fast. But it would be so good for the hobby. If w.a can secure breeding groups of these snakes then they can slow down the takers licenses and focus more on the breeding. and they could easily make a profit of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of importing a breeding pair to w.a?

Ask Gavin Bedford how profitable wild capture is? I think he has spent over 250 K to get a few Oenpellis.

Ask Gavin Bedford how profitable wild capture is? I think he has spent over 250 K to get a few Oenpellis.

Well thats a cool snake that i never new existed... surely breeding that would bring him a great deal of money. But just looking at where they are found... whoah.... i would get a takers license and just go on holiday their every year. Keeping an eye out. Some of that area looks veautiful.

Whinging about the rules in WA (or elsewhere) on places like here and abusing anyone who disagrees with your opinion IS NOT going help change these rules.

If you don't like the rules , become active and get a petition going , or get yourself elected into your state parliament and do something REAL to address these rules and change them, or simply move to a state with rules more to your liking.

You mean like this.

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/sho...for-your-help!!!!!!!!!?highlight=keepers+list

Well i just sent a letter... but thats from 4 years ago. Maybe we can rally up another attack. With the way social networking is going we could easyily make a petition that got shared globally.

Issue with social networking and global sharing is that it generates the want for pretty colours and new things, not a genuine sense of awareness. It's a great idea in the short term though.

But w.a has some of the best colours out! Have you ever seen a tri colour wheat belt stimson? Ooohhh so gorgeous... but maybe that would be a good thing? If more people wanted albino snakes from over east maybe that would put enough pressure on them to relax the import laws. Even if it cost $1000+ to import a single snake that is better than catching wild species.

And to add to the whole global social media thing; why would a petition signed by someone in say, Argentina, make one iota of difference to bureaucrats in W.A. over legislation change specific to W.A.?
Relevance is a very important thing in this situation...

In my opinion, $1,000 for a "farmers" license is extreme profiteering and a mean rip-off. Are you serious that you were asked to pay that? As it is called "farmers" licence - which farmer could possibly make a profit high enough to justify such a high fee? For example, I breed pigs in SA. The pair eats about 30kg fodder every single day and produces perhaps a dozen of piglets who sell at $100 each. Now, do your maths!
And snakes are not much different. You all know the costs of vivariums, heat lamps, UV lamps, incubators and feeder rats. How could any snake owner possibly afford such a high fee? Most certainly not from any "profits" which they may make if hey are extremely lucky. Hence, with such crazy fees, reptile breeding would become an exclusive hobby of the rich. And that's not what we want, right?

In my opinion, $1,000 for a "farmers" license is extreme profiteering and a mean rip-off. Are you serious that you were asked to pay that? As it is called "farmers" licence - which farmer could possibly make a profit high enough to justify such a high fee? For example, I breed pigs in SA. The pair eats about 30kg fodder every single day and produces perhaps a dozen of piglets who sell at $100 each. Now, do your maths!
And snakes are not much different. You all know the costs of vivariums, heat lamps, UV lamps, incubators and feeder rats. How could any snake owner possibly afford such a high fee? Most certainly not from any "profits" which they may make if hey are extremely lucky. Hence, with such crazy fees, reptile breeding would become an exclusive hobby of the rich. And that's not what we want, right?

Yup $1000. Its fantastic isnt it? we could all just start mass pumping out stimmies and sell them for $500 each. if abyone was dumb enough to buy them we would make a profit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back