Brigalow Reptiles.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Reaction score
Hi All, here is a few pics of what i found last night, the area is a state forestry (Largest in the southern hemisphere 255,000 hectares) not far from my house, and is a haven for all those things we love, however because of the recent rains out here, there wasnt much about.

attachment.php

Habitat during the Day.

attachment.php

Ramphotyphlops Ligatus - Blind Snake , Stinging any eater.

attachment.php
This Frog really had me bluffed, it puffeds its body out about twice the size of itself like a balloon, i am honestly not sure what it is, i havent come across them around here before, any one have any ideas?

Attachments

• barak1.jpg
    barak1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 418
  • bakul2.jpg
    bakul2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 422
  • bak3.jpg
    bak3.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 424
That look like an awesome place to live near! Hopefully next time you'll have more luck in what you find. Awesome little blind snake though:)

Thanks for that Dan, I only saw 3 of those frogs, and only in one very small area.

I will be Back out there as soon as it dries out a bit more.

That Blind Snake unfortunately died in my arms, and im not sure why, he wasnt hit by a car or anything, he was on a forestry trail, surrounded by Millions of the ants you see in the pics.
He did have a gash at the tip of his tail, not sure how it happened, bird Maybe...:(

Something else i found quite interesting, i measured the Temp of the surrounding Ground with a temp gun, 21.8c . And out on the Bitumen Rd it measured 24.5c , Would be interesting to see at what temps certain species start moving about,something i might start recording.

Something else i found quite interesting, i measured the Temp of the surrounding Ground with a temp gun, 21.8c . And out on the Bitumen Rd it measured 24.5c , Would be interesting to see at what temps certain species start moving about,something i might start recording.

That's an idea, I have been measuring the air temperature and recording it with the species found and what time, but the road temp would be a good one too.

Nice Blindsnake, im jealous, i never find the damn things.

The Brigalow Belt is huge Ryan, loads of decent camping grounds...
If you weren't so far away i could of taken you out tonight, oh well..ha

Nice Blindsnake, im jealous, i never find the damn things.

The Brigalow Belt is huge Ryan, loads of decent camping grounds...
If you weren't so far away i could of taken you out tonight, oh well..ha

why would you wanna find a blind snake :lol: they smell, we have been finding atleast 1 every night drive. yer if I ever come up to QLD I will be sure to say so, going with other people is much easier, I can just sit back and relax instead of having to do all the work:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back