Brissy River

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I was in Brisvagas the other day and had a few minutes to spare so I went to see id the huge colony of water dragons still exist on the banks. It does :D ! I only spent a few minutes searching and photographing and came across over 20 individuals. It is good to see that there is a variety of sizes, this implies that the population is healthy

Attachments

• DSC_5819.JPG
    DSC_5819.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_5826.JPG
    DSC_5826.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_5822.JPG
    DSC_5822.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_5839.JPG
    DSC_5839.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_5834.JPG
    DSC_5834.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 78
Those look very similar to the Dragons we get in Sydney. Funny because I was on the sunshine coast a few months ago and the water dragons there had much more of a yellow coloration (as opposed to grey) and were generally a lot more colorful. I would have assumed the dragons in Brisbane would look more like the Sunny Coast dragons.

You take awesome photos!
One day I should try and take some good pics of my herps.

Those look very similar to the Dragons we get in Sydney. Funny because I was on the sunshine coast a few months ago and the water dragons there had much more of a yellow coloration (as opposed to grey) and were generally a lot more colorful. I would have assumed the dragons in Brisbane would look more like the Sunny Coast dragons.
I have not noticed that. I'm on the Sunny(sic) coast and there is a colony only a couple of kilometres away. I'll try and get some shots this arvo so we can do a side by side comparison.

You take awesome photos!
One day I should try and take some good pics of my herps.
Thanks, I'm proud of shot 4, a nice overcast day helped

Awesome photos Fuscy, I love these guys! Good to see healthy populations of existing in suburbia.

OK I'd be interested to see what they are like. The Dragons I saw were at Australia Zoo if that helps.
Cheers

I have not noticed that. I'm on the Sunny(sic) coast and there is a colony only a couple of kilometres away. I'll try and get some shots this arvo so we can do a side by side comparison.

Thanks, I'm proud of shot 4, a nice overcast day helped

As promised sunny coast EWD. As what seems to be normal for Sunny Coast reptiles, lots of sub-adults but very few large adults.

Attachments

• DSC_5905.jpg
    DSC_5905.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_5931.JPG
    DSC_5931.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_5841.JPG
    DSC_5841.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_5918.JPG
    DSC_5918.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_5867.JPG
    DSC_5867.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 49
its lucky that they are not the easiest of reptiles to catch or the majority of them might end up in fish tanks like many pythons that live near suburbia.

donks

I have tonnes of these that hang around my pool. We have a small river/catchment area behind our place and they come in and sun themselves on the rocks next to our pool. Cool to watch. I've seen 5+ around the pool at various times sunning themselves.

Nice shots, love the big male, very underrated lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back