Brown in the Backyard pics...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah she was really laid back.... we caught her just with a jigga (i dont know what u guys call it but the forked stick with elastic on the end)..... and she was even ok with us while we measured her.... unlike the one we got yesterday that was absolutely mental....

Not some thing i would encourage,bloody nice brown.you might have got away with it this time i would wonder why it was not bitting was it sick or cold.The brown snake deserve and commands heaps of respect. I hope we do not have a heap of people running around trying to catch browns as we know that only leads to deaths. I am not saying that you cant do it just that is suicidal if done wrong and humans make mistakes. I work with a brown snake that i know would take me out without a hesitation and proves it in the pit every time we put her on the ground.Please be careful.

my housemate is a fully licenced snake catcher and my licence is about 6wks away so we are not inexperienced herpers..... so no i would not recommend this to anyone.... and yes she was very cold which is obviously why she didnt bite our faces off....

and as a previous post on this thread said we did use the right equipment.... thanks for ur concern i just didnt want u to think i was some moron picking up snakes to be cool....

man thats awesome. id be lucky if i saw ANY snakes around where i live, let alone catch one lol not that i would because i unfortunately am inexperienced..............for now :)

yeah, we get them ALL the time here...I have caught a few (with a hook of course) and relocated them tothe bush just behind us...We also get HEAPS of olives here too...
you wouldnt be getting eastern brown over there western brown you would

nice brown, i quite like the red/copper ones, very pretty snakes.

If you find any more spiral let us know! I had a huge carpet i assume come through 2 night ago, i didnt see it but i assume its still here. He left a shed right on our doorstep which was at LEAST several times bigger than the shed my 1.5yo coastal does, it was DAMN HUGE!! We moved house and ive been here for only 4mths, and ive already seen, keelbacks, brown tree snakes, eastern browns, common tree snakes, a marsh snake and a few carpets. Its a jungle around here backing onto a big reserve lol. I wouldnt pick one up like the browns lol, but i did remove a large carpet from the road it was basking on and took it to the back of the reserve. Very brave spiral lol!

We moved house and ive been here for only 4mths, and ive already seen, keelbacks, brown tree snakes, eastern browns, common tree snakes, a marsh snake and a few carpets. Its a jungle around here backing onto a big reserve lol.

ohh man! not fair i would love to have any herps come through our place, but there is none... but soon there will be one when i get my snakee :)

And we've ALWAYS got green tree frogs and also what i think are dwarf tree frogs EVERYWHERE!!! When it rains theres literally 100's of them on our house, on the deck and on the bushs. We have a special 5 that have made the deck their home. I will take a picture next time i remember. All you can see are theyre heads sticking out from one of the pillar beams lol. Lots of Marsh frogs too! Quite a few cane toads aswell but theres still MILLIONS of frogs, way more than toads which is fantastic. Its great, we love it here! :)

and as a previous post on this thread said we did use the right equipment.... thanks for ur concern i just didnt want u to think i was some moron picking up snakes to be cool....

I am glad. Don't try this at home kiddies or you may end up with a choice wet lovebite

thats great...I caught a couple of browns at my house durin summer...
I had one by the tail and she had stuck her head under sone concrete so I was busy trying to get her out..and so i didnt realise that there was another one sneeking up on my left..then he sat up in typical brown position only about a metre and a half away from my arm (easily in his strike range) and scared the hell out of me!!! so i let go of her then bundled him up and took him to a nearby state park....

so i definately promote being carefull with these blokes!!!!

Don't ever assume because an EBs cool it's not as dangerous, at 20 degrees or 40 they are still capable of a quick retaliation.

Don't ever assume because an EBs cool it's not as dangerous, at 20 degrees or 40 they are still capable of a quick retaliation.

couldn't agree more!!!!

NEVER!!! under-estimate a brown.....becuase if you do, youll be lucky not to get bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back