brown tree snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdingo

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a brown tree snake, does any one have one or can you tell me much about them.
Thanks everyone! Have a great Christmas and new year!

Don't forget the real meaning of Christmas, Jesus was Born!

Boiga iregularis brown tree snake. It is a interesting animal. This snake is active and bit psycho. Love to strike when feeding or not. I had one and must say that he was snappy and energetic animal. I had lot of fun with the snake. If you looking for calm pet to play with, this snake is not best for it.

Usually easy to keep, juveniles can be tricky to get onto pinkies sometimes. They also like to keep you busy by crapping every couple of days and wiping it all over their enclosures.

I keep mine individually in tubs with a hot end of 28-31'c and the humidity at around 70-85%. Cage decorations include branches, fake plants and 3-4 hides. I'm using aquarium gravel as a substrate at the moment and the only disadvantage that i've experienced is that it's hard to clean. I'll be changing back to paper towels soon..can't go wrong with them.

Keep handling to a minimum.

I have three and they are great snakes. Not bad to handle. One of mine is quite calm and not snappy or bitey at all. The other two are younger and take fright easily, they need a more gentle handling, but they are still good.

Fairly active and mine are great feeders.

As dpecia says, very messy and need lots of cleaning. Stinky too when they have messed.

stick to pythons i know a fella that has some for sale you might know him

while there are the occasional quiet one around by nature these snakes are flighty and bitey. They are good in the respect that they are a smaller species but they can often be a hassel to feed and look after. if you are going to get one it would be handy if you have quick hands as these guys move like lighting whengiven the chance. I had one for some time and loved him but sold him in the end because I like to be able to handle my snakes freely and these aren't one of those types of animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back