budgie chunder?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fennwick

Reaction score
is there any reason that budgies throw up, other than being sick? i found my budgie earlier had thrown up quite a bit of seed. he seemed a bit quiet and i was starting to get worried, but he seems fine and dandy now. any thoughts?

my budgie used to throw up when he saw himself in the mirror...lol
but yeah , they feed the young that way....cute in a weird way

the food sits in a sac like thing in their throat and if they dont want if or cant digest it they spit it back out.
i wouldnt be worried : )

You need to distinguish between vomiting and regurgitation.
Regurgitation = directed at an object or person, food it brought up into the mouth and is manipulated orally , may be reswallowed, always voluntary.
Vomiting = no direction, head is often shaken and food material/mucous may be plastered on the forehead and sides of the face, rarely reswallowed, usually no voluntary control

Regurgitation is quite "normal" at this time of the year
Vomiting may be caused by thyroid enlargement, Trichomoniasis, Macrorhabdiasis, Candidiasis, Ingluvitis, Heavy metal toxicity, foreign body impaction and many others - basically SEE A VET NOW.

don't know if this is common to all birds, but i used to have a chicken who got crop bound regularly, ie: she ate too much fibrous stuff and it got stuck in a ball in her crop / sac thing and she used to spew a bit.

at one point we had to actually get the vet to make a little cut and take out this hard ball of grass that she couldn't digest.

not sure if that would apply to budgies or mainly seed eating birds though, does he eat grass now and then?

Yeah I heard they are like Stan Marsh from South Park... They are known to throw up from looove

mine reguretates on your hand whilst trying to hump it haha
horny lil bugger

I had a male that used to do that, it was in an avairy with 12 girls, but no, they weren't pretty enough. :rolleyes::lol:
If its housed alone and chundering on its mirror, its trying to feed its 'mate', so dont stress. If it looks a bit rough, as said before, see a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back