Bunny breeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I scored 2 free rabbits today (150 k's away) but free never the less. I was going to feed them to my snakes but when I got them I found out they are a breeding pair and are about 4 or 5 kilo's which is way to big for any of my snakes (I think). Anyway I have decided to breed them instead. So what's the go when do they breed,how many babies,how often do they breed,do you need to seperate them at any time, and basically any other hint,tips,or cheats would be greatly appreciated by a free baby black rhino. :twisted:

Hi Adam, there is a guy here in Renmark, who might be able to help you out. I reckon they'd breed just like Rabbits. LOL :mrgreen: :!: Email me for tel. no. Cheers Cheryl

i used to breed rabbits. Yeah, they do breed like rabbits. I kept them in a caged off part of a shed. For the babies we used a wooden box around 2 foot long x 1 foot wide and about a foot high. They always had a supply of chicken pellets and everyday we would add about 1/4 of a bucket of fresh grass. Dry grass is good to add so they can make a nest. We used a concrete dish for the water. I never seperated the male from her but once another bigger rabbit sumhow got into another cage and attacked the owner by eating her ears (seriously there was only a few cm left of each ear) but it didnt affect he breeding. The most babies in one litter was 19. They would breed roughly every 4-6 weeks.

How long do you leave the babies with mum and does the dad eat them?

They actually breed like humans and actually get pleasure from the act too, not many animals do! You should remove the male from the female when she is preggers as he will still try and jump aboard constantly thus stressing the female enormously. Give her some hay to build a nest with and let her drop the little buggas in peace :)

Cool going out to modify their cage right now and let 'em r44t like rabbits as she was seperate from him when I got 'em but she had babies about 6 or 8 weeks ago.

Well I joined the 2 cages together and in no time he was chasing her so hopefully I will have baby rabbits soon. How long is the gestation period?

Cheryl can you send me that blokes number? Does he euthanise them? I really need some rabbits for my big carpet (look at the post called "Ana"). Or could you euthanise them?

We need to change the law up here for rabbits,but spose they were banned for a reason.
I would love a breeding pair of rabbits.
Make life alot easier.

Sorry Adam i have no advise here.Know nothing really about bunnies.
But chocolate bunnies i am a conisiour(you know what i mean).I LOVE CHOCOLATE.MMMMMM CHOCOLATE.(homer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back