called to remove a snake a friends

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My wife got a distressed call from a friend today who's dog was barking at a brown and grey banded snake from a hole under their fence.
I went over with no thoughts other than a brown, it had dug under the neighbours concrete pool deck (which is their fence line) I peeked under the concrete to see nothing but a brown and grey striped tail I got closer and saw a nose buried in dirt.

Made a joke about it being a snake burying (after saying they don't have claws to dig like that) reached in and grabbed the tail(they stepped back) and I pulled out a massive..............bluie........
She was hissing and puffing so to save her from their dog I took her down two houses from theirs to the state forest ....

Nice aftenoon stroll.....

Yeah jeffa8 got a 6foot coastal from 1/2 km further up the hill the week before cause I was at work and another friend found him on his verandah, ill turn the pc on to get some pics

a0zdoz.jpg

Haha poor old Blueies! That's happened to my dad plenty, pulling out a big blue tongue masquerading as a snake from our chicken coops. We just know its him now!

Last edited:
I have been called out so many times to catch "snakes" that ended up being Blue Tongues. I have also been called to catch 3 rubber snakes, a child's toy car and a Grass Skink that were all supposedly Snakes. I have also had the reverse, a old lady called me to catch a Blue Tongue that her dog had cornered, when I had a look it was a good sized Tiger Snake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back