camera?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

croc_hunter_penny

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of you camera-lovers out there so I thought you might help me out! I used to have a Canon Powershot A75, and after a few years it died :shock: so I bought a Canon powershot S3 IS (SLR), which I dropped 3 months later :evil: and of course thats not covered in its warranty... so now after almost 9 months of no cam I have decided I hate my phone's camera and I need a good one!!

I want my new camera to be under $1000 but about the best you can get in that price range. I like macro (but not to the point of carrying extra lenses around) and i looove optical zoom so one that could do both of those really well would be great :)

My A75 was pretty good, the zoom was annoyingly low and was only 3MP. The S3 IS had 12x optical zoom and 6mp so it suited me just fine. The ONLY problem i had was in low light /night, if I used the flash, the picture would be extremely bright close up and extremely dull further away.
One night camping, a mate of mine whipped her OS-bought super-slim camera out and point-n-shot, and the picture was clear and perfect. I did the same shot with mine and you couldn't even see what I was focusing on, and the lighting was messed up.

To sum up basically what I want is a camera that
- is easy to use
- takes good day, night and action shots.
- doesn't take 5 hours to turn on
- has extremely good optical zoom
- takes good macro shots
- has a brilliant autofocus
- takes high quality video with excellent compression

i like to be able to whip my camera out and snap at whatever has caught my interest. i don't care if its a big bulky SLR, as long as it is worth carrying around.

I have always used canons but I thought i would get some other points of view on other great quality cameras and I would like to know why you think they are great.

I'm not a professional photographer, i just like taking happy snaps and i like them to look good.

Ummm...
Thats going to be a total bitch for the vidio part ><
I'll go through a recent issue of pcuser later, it had some great reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back