can anyone tell me what this is?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks more like a lerista or something the head even appears to have a burtons like shape in one pic.

You won't get a clear ID without better pics

I would go either Anomalopous or Blindsnake but from those photos it is extremely hard to tell. Its tapering + what looks to be a snout make me edge toward Skink (Anomalopous).

If you upload some quality photos or at least in focus I am sure several people could give you definite ID's.

Its a Ramphotyphlops species. To blurry to define species and without location I wouldn't guess.

It is not a worm as it lacks a clitellum (saddle) not to mention the absence of segmentation. (Sorry Bel).

No apologies required Blue, im not as good as you.......i can handle that! ;) As i said anyway, i just 'thought' it was 'maybe' a worm.......& as it isnt, well your guess is better then mine! This is the first time i have ever been wrong too......funnily enough, it doesnt feel so bad!:lol:

Bel,

“not as good as” is certainly not the case. Not as knowledgeable in this area perhaps. I do have a distinct advantage there. I did a science degree with a double major in zoology. I also spent 30 years in the classroom teaching science – biology, geology, chemistry, physics,astronomy, horticulture, technology studies and a few other odd bods and sods.

Despite that I am just as fallible as the next person. I ID’d some lizards a couple of days back and got several wrong. I took on board what was said and I have learned from it. Maybe I should feel embarrassed but I just see it as a learning experience. I have learned much in these past few months since getting more involved in APS and I am appreciative of the opportunities availed me. My guess is that “the fact that it doesn’t feel so bad” for you is due to a similar attitude - which is good.

Blue

Ok I think we all agree it's not a worm, so lets get off the worm idea completey
Tears running down my cheeks at the suggestions of it being a worm!
One of those scaled worms no doubt :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back