Can I ask plz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2.3casper

Reaction score
I've been looking at sun glows but don't understand are they a jag cuz of the caramel in them and I really can't find a pic they all look like albinos ,so if any one can explain. What they are that would be cool and how do they get moonglows form that and what is a moonglows ? and if any of you guys like snakebtyes tv have a look at k brothers its cool or if anyone has something sweet to look at on you tube plz send link thanks :D

Sunglows are caramel albinos so you need to breed a caramel het albino to an albino. No jag needed. If you used a her caramel jag or an albino jag you would get a sunglow jag.

Moonglows are hypo, anery or axanthic, albino and would need a visual hypo, that carried both anery or axanthic and albino genes, and either a normal or another hypo that also carried the albino and anery gene to produce one.

So what makes a caramel ?,ok and to get a moon I need to breed a darwin albino + a hypo darwin ,then grow the heats up and breed them back to albino and that's what will give me a moon is that right ?

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could see some pic of them now turtle what do they look like when bigger ,is like some crazy looking albino or something

Google sunglow and you'll find pics. Precision reptiles were the first to have them so start there.

Your theory still wouldn't work as they need to have three genetic traits. Hypo, albino and axanthic/anery. You would need a sunglow het and a axanthic het or a ghost to even have a chance and then it's only probability. If you have trouble understanding the genetics then you need to do a lot more studying. As far as I know no one has cracked a moonglow in carpet pythons yet and with Australian breeders only really cracking sunglows in the last two years we are still two to three years off at least.

There is a reason these animals are worth a lot of money as it takes a long time of genetic manipulation to create.

I did but I can't tell what is what , is there a book we can buy when genetic for auz snakes I not trying to breed them yet may one day lol , like you said in a few 100 years but I just want to under stand what they are thanks for the replays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back