Can I borrow $25 Dad.?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed.
Think about why you are being so selfish....
I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.'
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.....How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked. 'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' He yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.
The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father. 'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled.
'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter tous, those close to our hearts.
Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love..

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours, but the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

From my house to yours

From my home to yours - enjoy.

Thanks
Trouble

ooooh thats sooo sweeet:cry::cry::cry:
But i was hoping for a "Little Johnny" joke!!! Shattered

I bet he took the money too. haha

that is so cute
i thought it was going to be some silly joke but thats just adorable :(

I hope you know you have just cost my poor son an hour of my time. Thank you very much!

:lol: I'm with you!

I believe the correct female response is "awww thats so cute! tawwww what a little sweetheart awwwwwww"

Something along those lines

(go to the chat)

Yeah I thought it was a great story :) Thats why I decided to share it
Hope you all enjoy it :D
It's a bit mushy, but hey :lol:

Yeah I kno MzSel! Wonder where he works :lol: Quite good money I do feel.... lots of reptiles with that :lol:

as long as it makes us think that a moment in time in so valuable....
i dont care how sickening it can be

hey i got no family so ill go 2 wrk and earn the big bucks my babies gotta eat to

I'd pay a thousand times that price just to have my Dad back for an hour.

Kids are getting smarter every day, watch em they can fool you and make you hand over your pin no to your account., my little nephew who is only 5 got on his dads account and bid on 5 soccer balls on ebay. Little devil .... takes after his uncle..................O and guess where the soccor balls are?, over there back fense in the neighbours yard all forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back